|BetQL, the app to outsmart Vegas, can help you track line movement, see which teams the public likes, view trending bets of the day, calculate your return and follow your picks all right from your Apple or Android device. Best of all, BetQL is free to download at BetQL.co.
It’s not supposed to be this easy. Especially with big underdogs.
But the simple strategy of asking the loser of the first game of a doubleheader to come back and win game two is now 19-4 this season after Atlanta beat Washington 3-1 late Tuesday.
Ender Inciarte broke a 1-all tie in the top of the ninth inning with a two-run triple. Because pricey Max Scherzer was pitching the nightcap for the Nats, the Braves returned in the vicinity of plus 200 depending on where you shop.
Jeff Fogle has more on the twinbill trend, plus these headlines in today’s VSiN City newsletter:
- MLB Tuesday: Houston wins again in San Francisco; Felix no longer a king in Seattle
- WNBA: Las Vegas Aces lose TWICE on the same day!
- PGA Golf: Not much change in exchange prices; South Point posts head-to-head matchups
All the details here.
Handy VSiN.com NFL links
We’re a day away from Week 1 of the NFL preason, so it seemed like the right time to give you a tour of VSiN.com’s NFL betting resources.
This page shows all the games for the week with the current lines at the South Point.
If you select game preview, we take you to a page that documents all line movements since the opening number was posted.
A popular page is what we call "Odds across Vegas" with the lines from 11 Las Vegas books. We have improved it recently to color code the most recent changes.
We have Futures odds here — to win the Super Bowl, the conferences and the divisions.
Finally, we offer updated win totals from the South Point.
FYI: We are connected with the South Point’s systems, so if Chris Andrews and his crew update anything, our site should reflect that update right away.
PSW is out later today
Issue No. 50 features a cover story asking the question, "What’s a coach worth in handicapping?" Matt Youmans offers his answer in the case of Ohio State’s Urban Meyer.
Also in this week’s issue:
- Matt Youmans, Brady Kannon and Dave Tuley handicap the PGA Championship
- Steve Makinen analyzes the preseason betting data over the last 5 years to come up with situation records for all 32 teams (including the top 10 situational spots).
- Dave also offers his plays on Week 1 of the NFL preseason
- Jonathan Von Tobel takes a shot at the NBA Season Win Totals posted by the Westgate.
Waiting for the football season before you subscribe? Here is an example of a PSW from last football season.
Find the pricing and package for you, including a free one-week trial.
(More VSiN City below)
South Point daily sheets
Compare lines across Las Vegas books
Today’s MLB slate (with special score simulations for VSiN all-access subscribers):
(More VSiN City below)
- 7-10 a.m. ET/4-7 a.m. PT: Follow the Money with Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard
- 10 a.m.-Noon ET/7-9 a.m. PT: A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander and Josh Towers
- 3-5 p.m. ET/Noon-2 p.m. PT: The Edge with Jonathan Von Tobel and Matt Youmans
- 5-6 p.m. ET/2-3 p.m. PT: Between the Sidelines with Matt Youmans and Jonathan Von Tobel
- 6-8 p.m. ET/3-5 p.m. PT: My Guys in the Desert with Vinny Magliulo and Brady Kannon
*–Follow the Money replay from noon-3 p.m. ET/9-noon PT