|March Madness: What you should know . . .
- Tune into VSiN for Selection Sunday coverage today. Broadcast schedule here.
- Win $10,000 in VSiN’s Beat The Spread Challenge. Find out how.
- Pre-order our College Basketball Tournament Betting Guide, more than 90 pages of team profiles, tournament trends and staff predictions. It’s $14.99 and will be published Tuesday. Buy here.
- Coming to Las Vegas next week? Join us for Betting & Buds with Brent at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 20 at the South Point Hotel. It’s free and there are $1 Budweiser products for just $1. Details here.
- Getting in an NCAA bracket contest? The number crunchers at TeamRankings will maximize your edge — and VSiN readers get 10% off their customized bracket picks and tools. Details here.
Dave Tuley’s ATS report . . .
CBB conference tournament action: Favorites 12-11-1 ATS with 2 games (FLA-AU & ISU-KU) closing pick ’em; most dog ATS winners were in losses & largest upset of whole day was UT-Arlington (+4.5, +170 on ML vs, Georgia Southern); Unders 17-8-1.
- No. 5 Duke beat No. 12 Florida St. 73-63 to win ACC conference tournament. Blue Devils also covered as 7.5-point favorites (stayed Under 146.5).
- Oregon routed Washington 68-48 to win Pac-12 title and the conference’s automatic NCAA bid (and shrinking the bubble for at-large teams). It wasn’t an upset as the Ducks closed as 2-point favorites (stayed Under betting total of 121.5).
- No. 18 Buffalo beat Bowling Green 87-73 to win MAC title & keep BGSU from reducing the NCAA "bubble.” Bulls covered as 11.5-point favorites; Utah St. beat San Diego St. 64-57, covering as 5.5-point fave & probably also keeping bubble from shrinking.
NBA underdogs 5-3 ATS with just 2 outright upsets by Suns (+4.5, +170 on ML vs. Pelicans) & Warriors (+2, +110 on ML vs. Thunder); Hawks (+10.5 vs. Celtics), Cavaliers (+5.5 vs. Mavericks) & Pacers (+7 vs. Nuggets) covered in SU losses; Over/Unders 4-4.
NHL favorites/underdogs split 6-6 with upsets by DET (+210), STL (+120), CHI (+135), OTT (+230), EDM (+115), NAS (+130); Unders 5-4-3; 1st Period Overs 7-5 with #FollowtheMoney6 going 3-2 (losing vs. vig) w/ PIT, CLB & TB Over but CHI & SJ Under.
Arizona beat previously undefeated Orlando 22-17 in The AAF. Hot Shots did it as 10-point road underdogs & +320 on the money line (stayed under the betting total of 44.5); for the season, Unders 14-8; faves 12-10 ATS; home/road split 11-11 ATS. In the earlier game, Salt Lake beat Memphis 22-9. Salt Lake also covered as 6.5-point home favorite (stayed Under betting total of 39.5).
Jeff Fogle on college hoops . . .
Are you a Selection Sunday sharp or square? Jeff helps you answer that question.
Jeff Cogliandro on NASCAR . . .
NASCAR remains on the West Coast, and Jeff has his plays for today’s race.
Dave Tuley on the AAF . . .
We’re halfway through the AFF Week 6, but Dave’s best bet is today.
Odds & ends . . .
Odds to win Players Championship MGM:
J Rahm 5-2
R Mcilroy 3-1
T Fleetwood 7-2
J Day 10-1
D Johnson 20-1
A Ancer 40-1
B Snedeker 50-1
K Bradley 60-1
A Scott 75-1
J Furyk 75-1
P Reed 80-1
B Harman 100-1
O Schneiderjans 100-1
K Kisner 100-1
Favorites have won 14 of 35 (40.0%) of this season’s @KentuckyDerby points preps, including 11 of 26 (42.3%) in the U.S. Check out Ron Flatter’s helpful chart.
Seen & Heard on VSiN . . .
Early Odds podcast: Baseball’s Opening Day is around the corner so Joe Ostrowski and SI’s Michael Beller made their World Series, MVP, Cy Young, and HR Leader predictions. The fellas also tossed in a couple of Cubs and White Sox prop bets for good measure.