|If you are new to the VSiN daily email, welcome. Scroll down to get your 2020 Hockey Betting Guide.
(All Times ET)
- 7-10 a.m. Follow The Money with Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard with Matt Youmans
- 10 a.m.–Noon A Numbers Game, presented by BetMGM, with Gill Alexander
- Noon–1 p.m. The Lombardi Line, presented by BetMGM, with Michael Lombardi & Patrick Meagher
- 1-2 p.m. The Edge with Jonathan Von Tobel. FYI: JVT has produced a podcast episode previewing the NBA restart. LISTEN HERE.
Miss a segment today? You’ll find it here in podcast format.
NASCAR: Gone Racin’ with Brendan Gaughan & Jeff Motley – Thursday @ Midnight ET, Saturday @ 7 a.m., Sunday @ 1 p.m. ET. Or listen to the podcast later today.
Dave Tuley’s ATS report
- Mariners beat Angels 10-7 in slugfest late Wednesday night. Mariners were +230 road underdogs (flew Over 9 runs in top of 6th inning); Giants (+170 home dogs) rallied for 7-6 win over Padres in other West Coast game. Despite those 2 upsets, MLB favorites went 10-4; road teams went 8-6 SU as home-field advantage doesn’t seem to matter much without fans in stands; it’s a short sample, but road teams lead 43-40 on young season; Over/Unders split 7-7 & Unders lead 45-36-1.
Countdown to sports’ return
During July, Jeff Fogle is putting together a daily report on the return of U.S. team sports, following the twists and turns and surfacing the relevant data and links to news stories.
Top headlines: NBA restart tonight; Early WNBA volatility shows sportsbook vulnerability; MLS quarterfinals begin tonight; ACC sets 11-game football schedule despite current outbreak. CONTINUE READING.
Tracking NFL players opting out
Kansas City Chiefs RB Damien Williams and New York Giants OT Nate Soldner were two notable names to opt out of the 2020 NFL season due to coronavirus concerns. We’re keeping track of the full list HERE.
New customer offer from BetMGM on Lakers-Clippers game
Get amazing odds on a marquee matchup for the NBA’s re-opening night? BetMGM is offering new customers a chance to win $100 in free bets when they bet $1 on the Lakers-Clippers game. If either team hits a three, you win $100. All you have to do is sign up and make your first bet with bonus code VSiN100 to take advantage of this unique offer. SIGN UP NOW.
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. Must be 21 or older and physically located in Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Nevada or West Virginia to bet on the app. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-522-4700 in Colorado and Nevada, 1-800-GAMBLER in New Jersey and West Virginia, or 1-800-9-WITH-IT in Indiana. Promotional offer not available in Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
NBA Opening Night: Where is sharp money going for Jazz-Pelicans and Clippers-Lakers? CONTINUE READING.
Don’t forget: Josh has resumed the VSiN Market Insights Podcast. He posts by Noon ET. You can find it HERE.
Get your 2020 Hockey Betting Guide—for free
With the NHL’s postseason tournament scheduled to begin Saturday, VSiN has prepared a special hockey betting guide.
Andy MacNeil, whom VSiN’s very own Gill Alexander calls the most successful hockey bettor he knows, will be our resident expert throughout the NHL playoffs. To get everyone off to the right start, Andy has produced a 25-page primer on hockey analytics and betting.
It is FREE—even if you aren’t a subscriber. You can download it HERE.
Vegas’ winning streak snapped
Nevada sportsbooks reported a small net loss of $483,000 for the month of June, the first statewide loss for sportsbooks since July 2013. The big reason? Over $5.2 million in football bets that were unable to be cashed in March and April due to casino closes from the coronavirus pandemic.
“This was due to winning OTC [over-the-counter] football tickets being paid on previous games in June due to the suspension of operations,” Michael Lawton, senior research analyst for the GBC, told VSiN by email. Read the full article HERE.
Point Spread Weekly is out today
The new issue of VSiN’s weekly digital magazine welcomes back the NBA and NHL as each league returns in “bubble cities.” We also hit MLB, NFL, golf, UFC, NASCAR and horse racing.
Not a subscriber yet? Check out our new pricing.
QuickPicks welcomes back NBA
The NBA season is returning, and QuickPicks has live matchups featuring all of your favorite stars for big payouts.
QuickPicks is the real money parlay props game based on daily fantasy scoring. The most successful winners are active every day and the game format makes it easy for you to submit multiple tickets each time you play.
Here’s a special offer for VSiN newsletter readers: Get a 100% automatic deposit bonus, up to $100, when you sign up for a new QuickPicks account. No need to type in a promo code. SIGN UP NOW.
Jeff Siegel’s Best Bets, presented by 1/st Bet
The Xpressbet analyst offers his top plays Thursdays-Saturdays. His six plays over last Thursday-Saturday posted two wins, one place, one show and two that ran out.
GET TODAY’S PICKS HERE.
Sign up for 1/st Bet, a new betting and handicapping product from Xpressbet. Use the promo code “VEGAS500” to get a $10 free bet as soon as you sign up. Plus receive up to a $500 bonus for wagering in your first 30 days. SIGN UP HERE.
Tuley’s Thoroughbred Takes
Dave and friends offer their best bets from the racetrack. Tuley says they’ll have five play for Thursday, coming off of a banner Wednesday at Saratoga as Duane Colucci gave out the 11-1 winner ($24.60) of Race 7 and Ed Sehon had the 7-1 winner of Race 10 ($16.20). CHECK HERE.
Betting sheets from South Point and Circa. DOWNLOAD HERE.
Odds across Vegas. GO HERE.
Odds in other legal states. GO HERE.
KBO advanced stats. GO HERE.
Support VSiN’s loyal advertisers
- Entries are now being accepted for contests at Circa and the Westgate. Our friends at FootballContest.com run the most highly recommended proxy service in Las Vegas, so check out their exclusive offer to VSiN listeners and tell Matty and Toni that Brent sent you. SIGN UP HERE.
- The Manscaped Lawn Mower 3.0 is now available. Get 20% off and free shipping with the code VSIN20 at Manscaped.com. BUY HERE.