Today’s Lineup: Another 1st for VSiN
Today, VSiN will broadcast the first sports betting show ever done live from an NFL stadium.
Thanks to VSiN’s partnership with BetMGM, James Salinas will be doing his shows from The BetMGM Lounge at Empower Field at Mile High in Denver.
VSiN will be in the new space on Sundays when the Broncos are on the road, at least for now, because of COVID safety concerns.
Salinas, one of the most successful Las Vegas football contest players, is co-host of Betting Across America, presented by BetMGM. He’ll also be appearing on THE Pregame Show.
- 9-10 a.m. ET / 6-8 a.m. PT VSiN Sunday Preview with Tim Murray, Amal Shah and Danielle Alvari
- 10-noon ET / 7-9 a.m. PT The Lombardi Line with Michael Lombardi, Patrick Meagher & Josh Appelbaum. Michael will be doing the show from the Borgata in Atlantic City, N.J.
- Noon-1 p.m. ET / 9-10 a.m. THE Pre-game Show with Tim Murray and James Salinas
- 1-3 p.m. ET / 10-noon Betting Across America with Tim Murray, James Salinas and Mike Sinnott
- 3-6 p.m. ET / Noon-3 p.m. PT The Green Zone with Brady Kannon and Wes Reynolds. Wes will be broadcasting from the BetMGM sportsbook at Mandalay Bay on the Las Vegas Strip.
- 6-8 p.m. ET / 3-5 p.m. PT In-Game LIVE with Amal Shah and Adam Candee
- 8-10 p.m. ET / 5-7 p.m. PT VSiN Betting Recap with Amal Shah and Adam Candee
- 10 p.m. midnight ET / 7-9 p.m. PT Opening Lines with Jonathan Von Tobel and Wes Reynolds
Miss a segment today or this week? You’ll find it HERE.
Dave Tuley’s ATS report
- NFL: Week 2 MATCHUPS & RECAP.
- NCAAFB: No. 17 Miami-Fla. beat No. 18 Louisville 47-34 in only meeting between Top 25 teams. Hurricanes also covered after closing as 1.5-point favorites; Marshall (+5.5, +190 ML) beat No. 23 Appalachian State 17-7 for only upset of ranked team. No. 1 Clemson (-50.5) routed The Citadel 49-0 but did NOT cover as the Tigers did not score in the 2nd half after leading 49-0 at halftime. No. 7 Notre Dame (-17.5) did cover in 52-0 rout of South Florida. RECAPS.
- NBA: Celtics beat Heat 117-106 to pull within 2-1 in Eastern Conference Finals. Celtics also covered as 3.5-point favorites (went Over 208); faves/dogs 2-2 SU & 2-2 ATS in this round but faves lead 36-31-2 ATS overall in playoffs. Overs improved to 3-1 so far this round, but Unders still lead 42-27-1 (60.9%) overall in playoffs. MATCHUP & RECAP
- NHL: Stars beat Lightning 4-1 in Game 1 of Stanley Cup Finals. Stars did it as +135 underdogs (Pushed on betting total of 5 goals); favorites still lead 43-34 overall in the playoffs with 4 pick-’ems; Unders still lead 40-33-8 after 8-2-1 last round. MATCHUP & RECAP.
- MLB: Favorites went 10-5 with only upsets by Phillies (+128 vs. Blue Jays), White Sox (+117 at Reds), Tigers (+178 vs. Indians), Mets (+146 vs. Braves) & Mariners (+142 vs. Padres); home teams went 9-6 & lead 423-356 (54.3%) on year with no fans in stands.MATCHUPS & RECAPS.
Rates increase Monday: Email me today if you have questions
Get the best price you’ll see for the VSiN Plus subscription: One year for just $240, an average of $20 a month. The price increases Monday to $348. SIGN UP NOW.
If you aren’t a subscriber yet, here’s some of what you are missing:
- Matt Youmans, Dave Tuley and Drew Dinsick combine to give their opinions on every Week 2 game. CONTINUE READING.
- Steve Makinen’s 10 betting systems designed to help bettors turn what they saw in Week 1 into profits in Week 2. CONTINUE READING.
- NFL best bets from from Tuley, Youmans, Brady Kannon, Mitch Moss, Lou Finocchiaro and Jonathan Von Tobel
Subscribe now to a VSiN Plus package and you also will get:
- Best Bets email
- 24/7 video stream and replays
- 2020 Pro Football Betting Guide
- 2020 College Football Betting Guide
- Exclusive stories and data on VSiN.com
If you are already a subscriber, plenty of people have added a year to their current expiration date. Yesterday, I extended someone into November of 2024. You can add a year HERE.
New customer offer from BetMGM on today’s Ravens-Texans game
BetMGM is offering new customers a chance to win $100 in free bets when they place a $1 wager on today’s Ravens-Texans game. If Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson scores a touchdown, you win the free bets. All you have to do is sign up and make your first bet with bonus code VSiN100 to take advantage of this special offer. SIGN UP NOW.
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. Must be 21 or older and physically located in Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Nevada or West Virginia to bet on the app. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-522-4700 in Colorado and Nevada, 1-800-GAMBLER in New Jersey and West Virginia, or 1-800-9-WITH-IT in Indiana. Promotional offer not available in Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh reports on the key line movements for NFL Week 2. CONTINUE READING.
Beating The Book podcast with Gill Alexander
Gill’s MegaPod with Mike Palm and Matt Brown giving three best bets each on the Week 2 NFL slate—plus teasers of the week, survivor picks, which big favorite is most likely to lose outright, and which game you should steer clear of at all costs. LISTEN HERE.
Win $5,000 in BetRivers free weekly pick’em contest
If sports betting is not legal in your state, BetRivers Sportsbook still offers a chance for you to get into the action. Sign up for a free $5,000 weekly pick’em contest at BetRivers.NET. Each week, you can make your straight-up picks on Sunday’s games; top score will win $5,000 cash. It’s free to play and free to sign up.
Eligible for players in the US, excluding Washington State. Must be 21. See official rules for details. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Andy MacNeil on the NHL
The Stars pounce on a tired Lightning team in Game 1, but the Stanley Cup Final is far from over, writes Andy. CONTINUE READING.
Get into big NFL action: Play QuickPicks
With the NFL now kicked off, it’s time to try QuickPicks, the daily sports parlay game with the highest limits and the biggest payouts. QuickPicks keeps it simple, with daily matchups and over/unders of the best players from the NFL, along with NBA, MLB, Golf and more. QuickPicks offers legal real-money parlay action in 30 states, including NY, CA, FL, MA, TX and IL. VSIN users can sign up now at QuickPicks.com and get a 100% free deposit bonus up to $100. SIGN UP NOW.
Ron Flatter on horse racing
Breeders’ Cup qualifiers and the Triple Crown are the focus of the Ron Flatter Racing Pod, plus Breeder Peter Blum discusses what led to the foaling of Kentucky Derby winner Authentic. LISTEN HERE.
Futures markets show 3-year-olds Tiz The Law and Authentic have become shorter-priced consensus choices for the Breeders’ Cup Classic than Maximum Security. That does not necessarily add up. CONTINUE READING.
1/st Bet-VSiN Best Bets
Xpressbet’s Jerry Shottenkirk offer his plays for an attractive Late Pick 4 at Gulfstream. GO HERE.
Sign up with 1/ST BET, the preferred horse betting app of VSiN, and you’ll get $10 to bet immediately. Visit 1st.com/bet/Vegas500 to learn more and to sign up. Be sure to use promo code VEGAS500 to get your $10 free bet and up to five hundred more for wagering in your first 30 days. SIGN UP NOW.
New tools on VSiN.com
SEARCH ENGINE FOR PROP BETS: For multiple states across different sportsbooks.
Other betting resources