|VSiN’s Football Midseason Special is just $129.99 for everything we do for subscribers through the Super Bowl. BUY NOW. (Not sure yet? Go with the risk-free trial.)
Today’s VSiN lineup
(All Times ET, schedule for SiriusXM 204)
ICYMI: On A Numbers Game, Gill Alexander recounted how his trip to the Westgate SuperBook to collect the $30,000 he won on Iga Swiatek’s French Open victory didn’t go as expected. WATCH HERE. Today, SuperBook chief Jay Kornegay will be on Follow The Money with Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard to discuss why the book did what it did.
- 7-10 a.m. Follow The Money with Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard
- 10 a.m.–Noon A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander
- Noon–1 p.m. The Lombardi Line with Patrick Meagher and Michael Lombardi
- 1-3 p.m. The Edge with Jonathan Von Tobel
- 3-5 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard and James Salinas
- 5-7 p.m. My Guys in the Desert with Matt Youmans, Tim Murray and Danielle Alvari
- 7-8 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke from Rivers Casino in Des Plaines, Ill.
- 8-10 p.m. Prime Time Action with Gill Alexander, Matt Brown and Danielle Alvari
Complete schedule. HERE. Where to watch. HERE. Catch a segment you missed. HERE.
Dave Tuley’s ATS report
- MLB: Braves routed Dodgers 10-2 to take 3-1 lead in NLCS. Braves were +190 underdogs (went Over 12). Astros beat Rays 4-3 on Carlos Correa’s walk-off HR in bottom of 9th to again avoid elimination & pull within 3-2. Astros were +120 underdogs (stayed Under betting total of 9.5 runs). Faves lead 27-13 in playoffs with 2 PK; Unders 6-3 in LCS & 23-19 in playoffs. MATCHUPS & RECAPS.
- NCAAFB: Arkansas State beat Georgia State 59-52 in shootout. Red Wolves also covered as 3.5-point favorites on winning TD with 4:23 left as they held on for win & cover (flew way Over high betting total of 72.5 points). MATCHUPS & RECAPS.
Get risk-free bet up to $500 from BetMGM
If you’re a new BetMGM customer, your first bet is risk-free up to $500 with the bonus code VSiN500. SIGN UP NOW.
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. Must be 21 or older and physically located in Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Nevada or West Virginia to bet on the app. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-522-4700 in Colorado and Nevada, 1-800-GAMBLER in New Jersey and West Virginia, or 1-800-9-WITH-IT in Indiana. Promotional offer not available in Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
The Sharp Report on tonight’s two college football games. CONTINUE READING.
Josh will cover the two MLB playoff games in the VSiN Market Insights, posted at noon ET. HERE.
Love in-game action?
Check out oddstrader.com for live in-game odds and stats. GO HERE.
The Godfather visits the MegaPod
Gill Alexander’s Beating The Book podcast. HERE. Gill is joined by Todd Wishnev, Mike Palm and special guest Brent Musburger to preview Week 6 in the NFL.
‘Reduce The Juice’ at BetRivers
BetRivers offers its "Reduce The Juice" promotion on all pro football games. On game days only, BetRivers reduces the juice on point spreads and points totals from 110 to 107. That’s 30% less vig on your NFL bets and more money in your pocket. Go to BetRivers.com to make your bet.
Must be 21. Playable in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER. In Indiana call 1-800-9-WITH IT. In Colorado call 1-800-522-4700. Playable in New Jersey as PlaySugarHouse.com.
Subscriber-only reading room
- William HIll with his survivor pool adivce. HERE.
- Steve Makinen makes some early assessments on college football’s under and overachievers. HERE.
- Lou Finocchiaro with his Best Bets on Saturday’s UFC card. HERE.
- Jason Weingarten shifts his attention to NFL futures. HERE.
- Drew Dinsick, Dave Tuley and Matt Youmans combine to give their opinions on every NFL Week 6 game. HERE.
Receive a 100% deposit match up to $250 with PointsBet
If you sign up with PointsBet right now, you’ll receive a 100% deposit match up to $250. SIGN UP HERE.
A deposit of at least $100 is required to receive this offer. Any deposit over $250, will still receive just the $250 match. T+Cs apply. Must be 21+. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER.
Busy fall brings record sports handle in September
New Jersey sets a new U.S. state sports betting handle record in September 2020 with $748.5 million wagered. That breaks the previous record of $667.9 million bet on sports in NJ … last month. Ben Fawkes has the details. CONTINUE READING.
Ron Flatter on horse racing
On the Ron Flatter Racing Pod, British Champions Day is previewed by Racing Post’s Lee Mottershead, U.S. races are handicapped by DraftKings Sportsbook’s Johnny Avello, and a photo mystery involving Man O’ War is unraveled by his biographer Dorothy Ours. LISTEN HERE.
Ron’s column: It may be hard for Americans to read European past performances. But it is easy to see that 2019 winner Magical is the 2-1 favorite for Saturday’s British Champion Stakes. CONTINUE READING.
1/st Bet-VSiN Best Bets
Xpressbet analyst Jeff Siegel offers his top plays today. GO HERE.
Sign up with 1/ST BET, the preferred horse betting app of VSiN, and you’ll get $10 to bet immediately. Visit 1st.com/bet/Vegas500 to learn more and to sign up. Be sure to use promo code VEGAS500 to get your $10 free bet and up to $500 for wagering in your first 30 days. SIGN UP NOW.
New tools on VSiN.com
SEARCH ENGINE FOR PROP BETS: For multiple states across different sportsbooks.
Join DraftKings VIP program
As a VIP, you’ll enjoy exclusive benefits and enhanced promotional offers, top-tier customer support, and access to personalized contests and more. To learn more, visit draftkings.com/VSIN.
New ways to watch VSiN, including Roku and Amazon Fire
If you are looking for live streaming and replays from nearly any thoroughbred, harness or greyhound track, check out RTN, The Racetrack Network. VSiN’s channel is included in RTN’s $25 full monthly package, $15 thoroughbred package and is available for $4 per month as a single package.
You can stream RTN on your browser, but best of all, you can watch it (and now VSiN) on RTN’s Roku and Amazon Fire TV apps. And If you use the promo code VSIN (all capital letters), you’ll get your first 5 days of live streaming and replays for free. SIGN UP HERE.
Other betting resources