Today’s MLB Sharp Report / Did You Bet Against Baffert?
THE SPORTS BETTING NETWORK
Well, at least you didn’t lose $2.4M
Ron Flatter: Medina Spirit was 100-1 in January and 12-1 on Saturday. Despite being anything but a favorite, he still gave trainer Bob Baffert a record seventh victory in the Kentucky Derby. Mattress Mack bet $2.4 million on Essential Quality, who finished fourth. CONTINUE READING.
Today’s VSiN lineup (ET)
- 10 a.m. The Lombardi Line, presented by BetMGM, with Michael Lombardi and Patrick Meagher
- Noon THE Pre-game Show with Brady Kannon and Wes Reynolds
- 1 p.m. Betting Across America, presented by BetMGM, with Adam Candee and James Salinas
- 3 p.m. The Green Zone, presented by BetMGM,with Brady Kannon and Wes Reynolds
- 6 p.m.-midnight VSiN BetCenter with Ben Wilson and Josh Towers (6-9 p.m.); Jeff Parles and Greg Peterson (9-midnight)
>>HOW TO WATCH AND LISTEN
BetMGM’s new customer offer is home run
Baseball players may not get style points for home runs, but baseball bettors do. New BetMGM customers can turn $1 into $100 when someone goes yard during a game. Sign up for the BetMGM app using VSiN100. If you place a $1 moneyline wager on today’s Dodgers-Brewers game, you’ll get $100 if either team hits a home run.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
New Customer Offer. Paid in Free Bets. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA or WV only. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-522-4700 (CO, NV & VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Promotional Offer Not Available in NV.
Dave Tuley’s ATS Report
- MLB: Underdogs went 8-7 with upsets by Cubs +142, Mets -103, Brewers +114, Rockies +160, Royals +130, Orioles +170, Rangers +160 & Blue Jays +121; faves’ lead cut to 202-179 SU w/ 16 PKs; Overs went 13-2 Saturday, but Unders still lead 198-184-14 (51.8%). RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
- NBA: Favorites went 8-2 SU & 6-4 ATS; upsets by Magic (+11.5 vs. Grizzlies) & Nuggets (+6 at Clippers), plus Wizards (+4.5) & Raptors (+7) covered in SU losses; faves lead 474-457-12 ATS (50.9%) w/ 12 PKs; Over/Unders split 5-5; Overs lead just 476-473-6 (50.2%). RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
- NHL: Faves went 11-3 with Stars-Predators closing PK; only upsets by Red Wings (+240 vs. Lightning), Devils (+130 at Flyers) & Ducks (+113 vs. Kings); Unders went 9-5-1 w/ push in VAN-TOR (6) & lead 385-365-35 (51.3%); 1st-Period Unders 9-6 & lead 400-384-1 (51%), RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh looks through today’s MLB menu for games receiving notable sharp action. CONTINUE READING.
Also on VSiN.com
- Steve Makinen: Power ratings for today’s FCS playoff matchups. GO HERE.
- Steve Makinen: Updated simulation of today’s Buschy McBusch Race 400 at Kansas Speedway. GO HERE.
- VSIN Best Bets: Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- Hardwood Handicappers with Jonathan Von Tobel. The Nitty & The Gritty in this episode. LISTEN HERE.
- Gone Racin’ with Jeff Motley and Brendan Gaughan: Previewing Sunday’s Buschy McBusch Race 400. LISTEN HERE.
VSiN betting resources
- Video replays are posted HERE.
- Audio replays are posted HERE.
- Find all the ways to listen to VSiN. GO HERE.
- Live odds comparison from legal states HERE.
- Parlay calculator HERE.
- Betting sheets from South Point and Circa. HERE.