BELMONT BEST BETS / Get $20 To Bet On Belmont Stakes, Plus $20 For VSiN Store
THE SPORTS BETTING NETWORK
|What you need to know about Saturday’s Belmont Stakes (post time: 6:47 p.m.).
Get $20 in free bets at 1/ST BET, plus $20 credit from VSiN store
Sign up now for 1/ST Bet App and get $20 in free bets—instantly—and just in time for Saturday’s Belmont Stakes.
Visit 1ST.COM/BET/VEGAS and make sure you use promo code VEGAS20 (so we get credit with one of our favorite sponsors). The offer is for new customers and only good through the day of the race. As a bonus, if you sign up before the deadline, we will give you a $20 credit for merchandise in the VSiN store.
VSiN Best Bets
VSiN.com senior reporter and handicapper
- Bourbonic: The son of Bernardini won the Grade 2 Wood Memorial at Aqueduct and never really got into the race in the Kentucky Derby. He’s being overlooked off that performance — plus the fact he’s a deep closer and those don’t tend to do well in the Belmont — but he has the pedigree (grandsires are Belmont winners A.P. Indy and Afleet Alex) and should be running fastest of all in the stretch if the front-runners back up. He’s the betting value on the morning line at 15-1.
- Rock Your World: This California speedster is the expected pacesetter and could steal it if he’s able to slow down the pace and go the distance. I have to use him in case he does that or just gets passed by one of the closers (again, hoping that’s Bourbonic!).
- Essential Quality: The son of Tapit, who is the sire of three of the last six Belmont winners, was considered to be the top 3-year-old in this class and went off as the Derby favorite. A return to his prior form when he started his career 5-for-5 before the Derby loss puts him right in the mix and needs to be included in exotics.
VSiN.com horse racing columnist
- Known Agenda: He is bred to go the 1 1/2 miles, he ran well in the Derby despite a horrible draw, and he is trained by three-time Belmont winner Todd Pletcher.
- Essential Quality: Tapit babies like him love the Belmont distance. He may very well win, but his odds will be awfully short.
- Overtook: As a $1 million purchase, he is the most expensive horse in the race. If any long shot is going to hit the board, it is this one who is also from the Pletcher barn.
More on VSiN.com
- Brent Musburger: And the winner is . . . CONTINUE READING.
- 1/ST BET Belmont Stakes Wager Guide: 16 experts offer 1-2-3-4 picks. DOWNLOAD HERE.
- 1/ST BET-VSiN Best Bets page: Jeff Siegel and Jeremy Plonk offer top plays for the weekend. GO HERE.
- Ron Flatter Racing Pod No. 1:Las Vegas bookmakers who happen to be seasoned horseplayers preview the Belmont Stakes. Chris Andrews, Johnny Avello, Duane Colucci and Vinny Magliulo analyze all eight horses in Saturday’s field for the last race of this Triple Crown season. LISTEN NOW.
- Ron Flatter Racing Pod No. 2: Maggie Wolfendale Morley of Fox Sports and NYRA TV previews the main event plus three graded stakes on the undercard. Trainers Doug O’Neill, John Sadler and Hideyuki Mori discuss their Belmont contenders. LISTEN NOW.
- Ron Flatter column: There are plenty of betting truisms about the Belmont Stakes. But which ones are really true? CONTINUE READING