A betting tradition like no other: Hot dog eating
In case you missed it yesterday, Josh Appelbaum has handicapped the Fourth of July Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. CONTINUE READING.
Here is our video preview, including interviews with the G.O.A.T., Joey Chestnut, DraftKings sportsbook director John Avello and master of ceremonies George Shea. WATCH NOW.
And if you are interested in the markets and prices available, here is what’s available from DraftKings.
Today’s VSiN lineup (ET)
- 10 a.m. The Lombardi Line, presented by BetMGM, with Michael Lombardi and Brady Kannon
- Noon THE Pre-game Show with Adam Candee and James Salinas
- 1 p.m. Betting Across America, presented by BetMGM, with Adam Candee and James Salinas
- 3 p.m. The Green Zone, presented by BetMGM,with Jeff Parles and Wes Reynolds
- 6-9 p.m. VSiN BetCenter with Ben Wilson, Josh Towers and Greg Peterson
>>HOW TO WATCH AND LISTEN
BetMGM offers risk-free $600 to new customers
Bet on your favorite sports with a risk-free first bet up to $600 at BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks. Simply sign up and use bonus code VSiN600 to take advantage of this offer. Download the app today or go to BetMGM.com and don’t forget the code VSiN600.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
New customer offer. Paid in Free Bets. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. Twenty-one years of age or older to wager. Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, D.C., or West Virginia only. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please gamble responsibly. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-522-4700 in Colorado, Nevada, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.; 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help in Michigan; 1-800-GAMBLER in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia; and 1-800-BETS-OFF in Iowa. In Tennessee, call or text the REDLINE at 800-889-9789. In Indiana, call 1-800-9-WITH-IT. Promotional offer not available in Nevada.
Dave Tuley’s ATS Report
- MLB: Favorites went 10-4 with CHW-DET closing pick-’em (after faves went 14-0 on Friday); Saturday’s upsets were by the Mets (+140 at Yankess), Phillies (+142 vs. Padres), Marlins (+108 at Braves) & Rangers (+142 at Mariners). Brewers (-155) routed Pirates 11-2 for 11th straight win. Faves lead 708-489 (59.1%) with 38 games closing pick-’em; Unders went 9-6, but Overs still lead 601-586-42 (50.6%). RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
- NBA: Bucks (+3.5, +140 ML) upset Hawks 118-107 to win Eastern Conference 4-2 & advance to Finals (went Over 220); zigzag (aka "loser of last") dipped to 8-2 ATS in conference finals round with Hawks’ non-cover & fell to 30-35 ATS (46.2%) overall in playoffs. Faves went 6-5 SU this round with 1 PK, but dogs led 6-5 ATS; faves 49-29 SU & 44-33-1 ATS (57.1%) in playoffs with 1 PK; home/road teams split 6-6 SU in round, but road teams 7-5 ATS; home teams 43-36 SU & 40-38-1 ATS; O/U tied 6-6, Unders lead 39-38-2. RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
- NHL: MATCHUP.
Become an NBA betting expert with OddsTrader App
Get the best betting resources for free and become an NBA betting expert just in time for the Finals with the OddsTrader App. DOWNLOAD NOW
- Quickly find the best value for your NBA betting with the odds comparison tool
- Be inspired by the daily most wagered game
- Get all the handicapping tools you need quick and easy using the QR code at OddsTrader.com
Victory is a click away, join OddsTrader.com today!
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh breaks down today’s MLB slate for key line moves. CONTINUE READING.
- Get more market insights from Josh’s podcast, posted every weekday by 1 p.m. ET.LISTEN HERE.
- Check out the daily betting splits with % bets (tickets) and % handle (money) for the NBA, NHL and MLB. GO HERE. (Usually posted by 1 p.m. ET and updated later in the day)
Derek Carty on MLB
You can find his daily MLB betting report, posted mid-day. HERE.
Today’s VSiN podcasting lineup
- NEW Hardwood Handicappers with Jonathan Von Tobel, VSiN’s senior NBA betting analyst, on how the West was won and where the Buck will stop. LISTEN HERE.
- VSIN Best Bets: Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
Sports Betting 101: Contrarian Betting on Inflated Lines
Inflated lines and shaded lines operate on the same premise but occur differently. Shaded lines happen at the outset based on the oddsmakers releasing the line further in favor of the popular side. Shaded lines are harder to identify. READ MORE…
If you need a contest proxy in Las Vegas . . .
With the SuperContest and Circa football contests now open for registration, our friends at FootballContest.com have offered the most trusted, highly recommended proxy service for more than a decade. They have the latest pick submission deadline for the Circa Sports Million and Circa Survivor and also had the most contestants win prize money last year, so what are you waiting for? Contact them now to take advantage of a special discount offer for VSiN subscribers. DETAILS HERE.
VSiN betting resources
- Video replays are posted HERE.
- Audio replays are posted HERE.
- Find all the ways to listen to VSiN. GO HERE.
- Live odds comparison from legal states HERE.
- Parlay calculator HERE.
- Betting sheets from South Point and Circa. HERE