1/ST BET offer for VSiN fans: $1,000 in free bets
1/ST BET wants to make sure loyal VSiN fans are ready for the Breeders’ Cup by giving away $1,000 in free bets.
The Road to the Breeders’ Cup Sweepstakes grand prize winner will have $1,000 deposited into their 1/ST BET account before Friday, Nov. 5—just in time for the championship races at Santa Anita. Ten secondary winners will have $100 deposited.
All you need to do is fill out your name and email address, so SIGN UP NOW.
Go here for terms and conditions.
"First Strike’ joins weekend lineup
Join host Dave Ross along with Point Spread Weekly contributors Lou Finocchiaro and Reed Kuhn as well as Circa Sports oddsmaker Nick Kalikas. (Not up at 4 a.m.? Check VSiN Best Bets podcast later today.)
- 7 a.m. ET Follow The Money with Pauly Howard and Mitch Moss
- 10 a.m. A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander
- Noon The Lombardi Line with Patrick Meagher and Michael Lombardi
- 2 p.m. Odds On with Amal Shah & Mike Palm
- 3 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard & Josh Appelbaum
- 4 p.m. The Edge with Matt Youmans & Jonathan Von Tobel
- 5 p.m. My Guys in The Desert with Dave Ross
- 6 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke
- 7 p.m. Prime Time Action with Gill Alexander & Matt Brown
- 10 p.m. The Night Cap with Tim Murray and Shaun King
- 1 a.m. The Greg Peterson Experience with Greg Peterson
- 4 a.m. First Strike with Dave Ross
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners, or On-Demand.
What’s New and Improved at VSiN.com?
We are always striving to make our website the best betting experience it can be for both subscribers and our general audience. We’ve made some really nice additions to our Matchup Pages, including the betting splits and stats on the starting quarterbacks.
That is what you will see for each game on the NFL Matchups page, a section provided free to all VSiN readers. As you can see, the matchup section is also a landing spot for Team Trends, Head-to-Head Stats, Betting Market Insights and more.
We’ve done the same for our College Football Matchups page as well.
Updated odds and betting splits are also accessible to all users with the NFL Consensus Money Report and the College Football Consensus Money Report. That gives all readers a sneak peek into our VSiN Pro Tools and some of the usual benefits of being a subscriber.
Become a VSiN Subscriber
Even though you get a lot for free at VSiN.com, you get to experience a lot more as a subscriber. Season preview betting guides, the aforementioned VSiN Pro Tools, access to premium content on the website like NFL and College Football Best Bets articles, a live videostream link are only available with a VSiN subscription and daily best bet emails from VSiN hosts and guests.
You also get the Point Spread Weekly digital magazine. You can sign up now for a 10-day free trial and get all of those perks and more going into another busy football weekend.
This week’s Point Spread Weekly includes:
- NFL & CFB Power Ratings
- Week 5 NFL Matchup Previews
- Week 5 NFL Survivor suggestions
- Top college football situational betting spots
- Week 6 College Football Matchup Previews
- Feature articles on the Browns, Cardinals, Eagles, Saints and Bills
- MLB Divisional Round Betting Systems
- UFC Fight Night 194 best bets
- Shriners Children’s Open Golf Picks
- Fury vs. Wilder Picks
Once your free trial is over, the cost of a VSiN subscription is just $258/year or $39.99/month if you decide to continue.
Make an investment to become a better bettor and your VSiN subscription will more than pay for itself.
Become a VSiN Subscriber Today!
Current and new BetMGM players: Become King of the Weekend
Become a weekend warrior at BetMGM! King of the Weekend is a free-to-play challenge where you can win up to $50,000 for correctly picking the highest scoring pro football teams during the weekend. Simply log in to your account and find the King of the Weekend contest in your promotions section. Then, pick the six teams you think will score the most points from the selected games. The top entry each week will get $1,000, and if you guess all six in the right order, the Grand Prize of $50,000 could be yours! Plus, hundreds of dollars in free bets will be awarded to players who come close to a perfect score! New to BetMGM? Download the app today and make weekend football even better.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, MS, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void in Georgia, Hawaii, Ohio and Utah and other states where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Nevada.
Tuley’s Takes Today
It may not have been the busiest Thursday on the sports calendar, but we had MLB Playoffs action and three football games. Dave Tuley discussed what happened in those games, looked ahead to the Friday card with more baseball and college football and gave some thoughts on the upcoming weekend action. GO HERE.
DraftKings offers new customer bonus of $1,000
Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app NOW and new customers get a deposit bonus up to $1,000. It’s easy, sign up with promo code VSIN to claim your exclusive offer! Plus, think you qualify to join the DraftKings VIP program? Enjoy exclusive benefits, promotional offers, top-tier customer support, and personalized contests. Visit draftkings.com/VSiN to learn more.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS A GAMBLING PROBLEM AND WANTS HELP, CALL 1-800-GAMBLER. Available to play in AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, NH, NJ, PA, TN, WV and WY only. Must be 21 years or older (18+ in NH). For entertainment purposes only. No results guaranteed. Void where prohibited. Eligibility restrictions apply. See http://www.draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
The NFL takes another break for a couple of days while we wait for Sunday, but Josh Appelbaum never takes a break. In today’s sharp report, Josh took a look at Friday’s MLB action with all four playoff series going, including the start of the NLDS for the Dodgers and Giants and the Braves and the Brewers. GO HERE.
New: Danielle Alvari’s LA CityCast podcast
Danielle Alvari brings her unique views on the Los Angeles sports scene on the brand-new LA CityCast podcast, sponsored by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook. Look for her latest episode. LISTEN HERE.
Here are the other podcasts we’ve launched:
Betting splits: You can’t find these anywhere else
Check out the daily betting splits with % bets (tickets) and % handle (money). GO HERE. We now have a direct feed from DraftKings, the source of the data, so we will update it at least twice a day, starting at noon ET on weekdays.
Ron Flatter on Horse Racing
- This week’s episode of the Ron Flatter Racing Pod comes from opening weekend at Keeneland, where track executive and horseplayer Jim Goodman discusses Breeders’ Cup qualifiers. Hall of Fame trainer Todd Pletcher talks about Malathaat, Life Is Good and his top 2-year-olds. DraftKings Sportsbook’s Johnny Avello handicaps weekend races. LISTEN NOW.
- When the Breeders’ Cup returns next month to Del Mar, crowds of bettors looking for successful angles might be wise to throw out the idea that last-out winners of races this weekend will score Nov. 5 and 6. History shows that trend is little more than a coin flip. CONTINUE READING.
More on VSiN.com
- Derek Carty & Adam Burke: Game 1 between the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers will be the first of two games in the National League on Thursday. Charlie Morton vs. Corbin Burnes starts off this NLDS series and you should start it off by looking at Derek and Adam’s best bets and series breakdowns. KEEP READING
- Carty & Burke Part Deux: The late game on Thursday is the start of the much anticipated series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants. Derek and Adam once again shared best bets and analyzed the matchup. READ MORE
- Chris Andrews on the Dodgers/Giants series price: "After Los Angeles advanced to the divisional round with a dramatic 3-1 win over St. Louis, I opened Dodger Blue -155 on the series price vs. San Francisco. The Giants (who have home field advantage in the best-of-five series) return +135. That could go up between now and first pitch. I expect more Dodgers money to hit the market. Come playoff time in any sport, Las Vegas might as well be a suburb of Los Angeles."
- Steve Makinen: Betting systems for the ALDS and NLDS, which begin tonight in the MLB Playoffs. CONTINUE READING
- MLB: Advanced stats and betting trends RECAPS & MATCHUPS.
- VSiN Staff: Best bets from our staff of experts for all of the games on the Week 5 betting board. Picks from Matt Youmans, Wes Reynolds, Adam Burke, Dave Tuley, Will Hill and Ben Brown of Pro Football Focus. READ MORE
- Matt Youmans: Have we reached the top of the market for the Cowboys and Cardinals? Is it time to fade Dak Prescott and Kyler Murray? KEEP READING
- Josh Appelbaum: Sharp action isn’t always right, but it is something you want to be aware of every week in the NFL. Josh highlighted the games that the wiseguys had their eyes on early in the week. READ MORE
- Adam Burke: Still surviving in your Survivor pool? What are the best options for Week 5 to live to fight another week? Adam has the answer. CONTINUE READING
- Dave Tuley: We have 15 NFL games left in Week 5 and Dave Tuley is the man on the case to investigate all of them. Check out his write-ups of the games. KEEP READING
- Will Hill: For some extra insight, we also have Will Hill on the case and his game capsules for Week 5 are chock full of great information. READ MORE
- Jonathan Von Tobel: The Bills and Browns face stiff road tests this week from AFC West teams. JVT looks at the body of work for both teams and wonders how they’ll fare in Week 5. CONTINUE READING
- Steve Makinen: With 17 games on the schedule, the bye week seems more important than ever. Bye weeks start in Week 6, so it is a good time for Steve to take a look at some betting systems for the game prior to the bye. READ MORE
- Jason Weingarten: A free piece for all VSiN readers from Jason with some thoughts on the Defensive Player of the Year, NFL MVP and Coach of the Year. KEEP READING
- Did you know that we have NFL Betting Trends and Matchup Analysis on every single NFL game of the week? Don’t bet anything on the board without checking out this phenomenal resource. GO HERE
- Our NFL betting odds page shows the latest lines in your state and at your preferred sportsbook. Always shop around for the best number! GO HERE
For more NFL picks and analysis, check out Gill Alexander’s Beating the Book MegaPod for Week 5 with Rufus Peabody, Mike Palm of Circa Sports and Todd Wishnev. LISTEN HERE
- VSiN Staff: College football best bets from Adam Burke, Tim Murray, Scott Seidenberg and Wes Reynolds for Week 6. KEEP READING
- Adam Kramer: In his bettor’s guide to Week 6, Adam embraces the rise of the Cincinnati Bearcats and previews the marquee matchups for Saturday. CONTINUE READING
- Chris Andrews: What has the betting action been for Friday’s college football games? South Point Sportsbook director Chris Andrews fills us in. READ MORE
- Also from Chris: Where is all the betting action for the biggest Week 6 CFB Saturday games? Updates on the sharp action and the line moves for 18 games for Saturday, including Oklahoma vs. Texas, Michigan vs. Nebraska, Alabama vs. Texas A&M, Arkansas vs. Ole Miss and the barnburner between UConn and UMass. KEEP READING
- Adam Burke: College football box score study from Week 5 with some analysis that should help for Week 6 and beyond with some betting angles on teams like Kentucky, Iowa and Purdue KEEP READING
- More from Adam B: College football situational betting spots for Week 6, including some tough spots for Cincinnati, Kentucky and Notre Dame. READ MORE
- More from Steve M: Betting systems and Steve’s insight on some intriguing trends and angles to keep in mind as the college football season rolls along READ MORE
- Did you know that we also have College Football Betting Trends and Matchup Analysis on every single CFB game of the week? This is an outstanding resource available to all VSiN readers GO HERE
- More from Steve M: An updated NASCAR simulation for the Bank of America Roval 400 on Sunday. READ MORE
- Darren Easton: Tyson will look to unleash the "Fury" in this week’s third (and final?) fight in the trilogy against Deontay Wilder. We looked to Darren for some insight and a best bet on the fight at T-Mobile Arena. KEEP READING
- More from Adam B: Bryson vs. Brooks. It will finally happen with a head-to-head match while we’re all recovering from that Tryptophan hangover the day after Thanksgiving. The Wynn Golf Club will host The Match V. READ MORE
- Lou Finocchiaro: Don’t let the college football card overshadow betting opportunities in the Octagon. Lou has some thoughts on this weekend’s Fight Night card. CONTINUE READING
- VSiN Staff: New to betting on sports? Need a refresher now that the football season is here? We have lots of great "How To" articles for those eager to learn how to bet like the pros. GO HERE
VSiN on YouTube
In addition to launching our full 24-7 feed on YouTube TV, we are posting more free clips to the VSiN channel on regular YouTube.com.
Here is just a taste of what you can get when you get more of our VSiN content on YouTube:
- Femi Abebefe did game previews and betting breakdowns for the Week 5 NFL card, including Sunday’s marquee Bills vs. Chiefs matchup. WATCH NOW
- Femi also did college football previews on select games for us this week, including Alabama vs. Texas A&M. WATCH NOW
- Gill Alexander, Matt Brown and Kelley Bydlon discussed the NFL Coach of the Year betting odds market on Prime Time Action. WATCH NOW
- Brent Musburger joined Stormy Buonantony on My Guys in the Desert to discuss the Raiders, MLB Playoffs and Urban Meyer. WATCH NOW
- Jonathan Von Tobel and Matt Youmans talked analytics and NFL betting on The Edge to apply to the Week 5 card. WATCH NOW
- Mike Palm talked about his Top 5 NFL Teams on Thursday’s edition of Odds On. Do you agree with his takes? WATCH NOW
- The great Teddy Atlas joined Gill Alexander and Bill Krackman on A Numbers Game to share his expert analysis on Fury vs. Wilder III. WATCH NOW
Subscribe here to make sure you don’t miss fresh clips on our VSiN YouTube page.
VSiN betting resources
- LISTEN LIVE NOW: The VSiN 24-7 audio stream. GO HERE.
- VSIN BEST BETS PODCAST:Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE