College Basketball Returns in a Big Way
If the first night of the season was any indication, we are in for a wild ride. Most of the Top 25 teams took care of their affairs, but Virginia lost to Navy and teams such as Ohio State and Houston had to pull out some late heroics to avoid upset losses to Akron and Hofstra, respectively.
In the top 10 battle between Kentucky and Duke, the Blue Devils prevailed in a back-and-forth game that lived up to the billing. Kansas comfortably beat Duke in the first test for the No. 3 Jayhawks.
Here is how VSiN’s Matt Youmans summed up the night: "College hoops opening night objective observations (always attempting to avoid overreactions): Kansas is my solid No. 1-rated team, Duke is legit a Top 5 team and Gonzaga is overrated. Zags are phony favorites on the NCAA championship futures board."
Don’t forget to check out the 2021-22 College Basketball Betting Guide and all of our resources here at VSiN.com, including Steve Makinen’s Power Ratings and Greg Peterson’s top plays, which VSiN subscribers get in our daily best bets email.
Free for all, here’s Greg’s best bet on Buffalo vs. Michigan. READ MORE
Want more? Not a subscriber? Sign up now!
New College Football Playoff Rankings Released
The second round of College Football Playoff rankings came out Tuesday. Georgia is still the clear No. 1 team in the nation and Alabama held the No. 2 spot, but Michigan State has taken a tumble. The Spartans loss to Purdue last weekend bumped Oregon, Ohio State, Cincinnati and Michigan all up a spot.
Are there any National Championship futures values out there? Adam Burke looked at the rankings and remaining schedules to see. READ MORE
- 7 a.m. ET Follow The Money with Pauly Howard and Mitch Moss
- 10 a.m. A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander
- Noon The Lombardi Line with Dave Ross and Michael Lombardi
- 2 p.m. Odds On with Amal Shah & Mike Palm
- 3 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard & Josh Appelbaum
- 4 p.m. The Edge with Matt Youmans & Jonathan Von Tobel
- 5 p.m. My Guys in The Desert with Stormy Buonantony
- 6 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke
- 7 p.m. Prime Time Action with Gill Alexander & Matt Brown
- 10 p.m. The Night Cap with Tim Murray and Shaun King
- 1 a.m. The Lookahead with Scott Seidenberg
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners, or On-Demand.
Special BetMGM signup promotion for pro hoops bettors
Sign up today at BetMGM and enjoy the thrill of victory on your very first bet. The King of Sportsbooks welcomes you to showtime with a special offer on pro basketball. Place a $10 moneyline wager on any game; if either team hits a three-pointer in the game, you’ll win $200 in free bets, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Just use bonus code VSiN200 when you make your first bet to take advantage of this offer. Enjoy basketball like never before with Bet MGM’s live betting options, boosted odds specials and daily promotions at your fingertips all season long.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, MS, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Tuley’s Takes Today
Tuley’s Takes for Wednesday feature a recap of last night, as the college hoops season got underway, but we still had NBA, NHL and college football with a trio of MACtion games. Three more MAC matchups are on tap tonight and Dave had some best bets for the Nov. 10 card. GO HERE
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
You never quite know which sport Josh will highlight, much like you never quite know which teams the sharps are going to bet. All we know is that Josh’s daily article is a must-read and that remains the truth for Wednesday. GO HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook, and PlaySugarHouse.com in New York.
Here are the podcasts we’ve launched so far:
Also on VSiN.com
- Did you know that Adam Burke’s NFL Survivor article "entry" is still alive going into Week 10?Last week’s pick was the Colts. Who is it this week? READ MORE
- Ever wanted to get inside the mind of a SuperContest champion? Now you can, as Brady Kannon shares the contest games he has circled for this week. KEEP READING
- Remember those days of celebrating Thirsty Thursday? Maybe we should channel that energy into Teaser Tuesday with the Prime Time Action crew. The best teaser bets for Week 10: WATCH NOW
- NewVSiN.com Feature: Check out our Player Prop Tracker with the odds progression weekly for MVP, Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year, Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year and more. GO HERE
- New & Improved NFL Matchup page: Advanced stats, estimated scores and betting splits. GO HERE
- With only three weeks left in the regular season, motivation is a huge factor for teams across the country. Which teams are in bad spots this week? READ MORE
- Tracking the top college football games for Week 11 with Wes Reynolds, Matt Youmans and Bruce Marshall. KEEP READING
- New & Improved College Football Matchup Page: Estimated scores, updated odds, team trends and more. GO HERE
- The sportsbooks have a lot going on right now with the start of college basketball. Will that create some betting value in the NBA? Look for Jonathan Von Tobel’s best bets around 12 p.m. ET. GO HERE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, head-to-head trends and betting splits on every game. GO HERE
- Daily NBA Projected Scores: Using schedule situations, team power ratings and effective strength ratings, see our projected scores compared to the odds. GO HERE
- Best bets on sides, totals and props are available mid-to-late morning every day from Andy MacNeil. Check back throughout the afternoon, especially after morning skates, as more picks are likely to be added. READ MORE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, matchup analysis and betting market insights for every game. GO HERE
VSiN betting resources
- LISTEN LIVE NOW: The VSiN 24-7 audio stream. GO HERE.
- VSIN BEST BETS PODCAST:Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher now that the football season is here? We have lots of great "How To" articles for those eager to learn how to bet like the pros. GO HERE