NFL Week 11 Betting Market Slowed by QB Uncertainty
As we know, Wednesday is a really important practice day in terms of Sunday availability. Several teams are dealing with quarterback questions this week and some teams have even made some head-scratching decisions that have impacted the lines.
Let’s start in Cleveland, where the Browns host the Lions, who have QB concerns of their own. Baker Mayfield did not practice on Wednesday and was seen limping en route to chat with reporters during the portion of the day open to the media. Mayfield is still dealing with the torn rotator cuff and fracture in his non-throwing shoulder, but added another lower-body injury in last week’s blowout loss at the hands of the Patriots. Case Keenum took his reps. It sure looks like Keenum will get the start after Jarvis Landry and other Browns told the media that Mayfield needs to get healthy.
In Detroit, Jared Goff did not practice today, leading to speculation that Tim Boyle would get the nod this week. The Lions were already +10 or +10.5, but Goff’s absence bumped the line up to 11.5. If Goff is indeed benched, expect the line to increase even more, even if Keenum gets the call for Cleveland.
The Jets, apparently scared that Mike White would look too good and create a quarterback controversy with Zach Wilson’s impending return, announced that Joe Flacco would get the start against the Dolphins. Flacco started four games for the Jets last season and completed just 55.2% of his passes with a 6/3 TD/INT ratio. Most +3s that were on the board moved to +3.5 with the Flacco announcement.
We still don’t know who will start for the Steelers this week. Ben Roethlisberger missed last week’s game with COVID and has not yet practiced for this week’s game against the Chargers. Big Ben usually doesn’t practice on Wednesday anyway, but has not been cleared to return to the team facility. Some books are off the board, while others have the Chargers -5.5 or -6 after how bad Pittsburgh looked last week.
Carolina will be "Camolina" this week, as Cam Newton, who was just signed last week, looks to get the start against Washington. Let’s face it, it doesn’t take much to beat out PJ Walker, but the markets expected Newton to start long before the announcement, which is why the line got pushed up slightly to Panthers -3.5.
Lastly, Kyler Murray is "really close" to being ready to go against the Seahawks. With Arizona now clear road favorites, it would appear that bettors are confident he plays and once it is fully announced, we’ll likely see another adjustment.
Plenty to watch as the week goes along and we’ll have you covered on VSiN.
- 7 a.m. ET Follow The Money with Pauly Howard and Mitch Moss
- 10 a.m. A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander
- Noon The Lombardi Line with Patrick Meagher and Michael Lombardi
- 2 p.m. Odds On with Amal Shah & Mike Palm
- 3 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard & Josh Appelbaum
- 4 p.m. The Edge with Matt Youmans & Jonathan Von Tobel
- 5 p.m. My Guys in The Desert with Stormy Buonantony
- 6 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke
- 7 p.m. Prime Time Action with Gill Alexander & Matt Brown
- 10 p.m. The Night Cap with Tim Murray and Shaun King
- 1 a.m. The Lookahead with Scott Seidenberg
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners, or On-Demand.
Point Spread Weekly & VSiN Black Friday Offer
There was a ton of great information in Wednesday’s Point Spread Weekly and you can still get your hands on it and a whole lot more.
For just $99.99, you will get the Football Midseason Special, which includes a VSiN subscription through Super Bowl LVI on Feb. 13, 2022. You will also get a $20 credit to the VSiN store to pick out your favorite swag from the shows. Grab a hat, a shirt, a coffee mug or any of the other items available for purchase. (Check out the new "Jackpot Baby!" design.)
You’ll also get this week’s edition of our Point Spread Weekly digital magazine, which is chock full of helpful betting information across several different sports. You’ll also get PSW for the next 12 weeks. Given the $9.99 cost each week, you’re already getting a savings of almost $30 off the cover price on Point Spread Weekly alone, on top of all the other perks of joining us in VSiN City.
Being a subscriber at VSiN.com gives you full access to all of our content, including our best bet articles, our daily best bet subscriber email newsletter, the College Basketball Betting Guide, our upcoming College Football Bowl Betting Guide, our Super Bowl Betting Guide and best bets and all of our site betting tools and resources.
Sign up now!
Tuley’s Takes Today
Recaps and updates from Wednesday night across college football, NHL, NBA and college basketball in today’s "Tuley’s Takes" article, along with Thursday best bets and a peek at the weekend. GO HERE
Special BetMGM signup promotion for pro football bettors
Sign up today at BetMGM and enjoy the thrill of victory on your very first bet. The King of Sportsbooks welcomes you to showtime with the lock of the year. Simply place a $10 moneyline wager on tonight’s New England-Atlanta game. If either team scores a touchdown, you’ll win $200 in free bets, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Just use bonus code VSiN 200 when you make your first bet to take advantage of this offer.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Promotional/Offers: New Customer Offer. Paid in Free Bets. Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, MS, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS) or call 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN). Promotional Offer Not Available in NV and MS.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Two football games take center stage on Thursday. Josh analyzed what we’ve seen in the market for the Patriots vs. Falcons game on Thursday Night Football and also touched on Louisville vs. Duke. GO HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook, and PlaySugarHouse.com in New York.
Here are the podcasts we’ve launched so far:
Also on VSiN.com
- Patriots vs. Falcons best bet from Adam Burke and a market report from Chris Andrews. READ MORE
- Steve Makinen has some exclusive NFL betting trends for this week’s games. KEEP READING
- Our man Femi Abebefe is back with video previews for all 15 Week 11 games. WATCH & SUBSCRIBE
- New Prop Tracker: This helpful tool shows the week-by-week lines for major NFL awards like MVP, Coach of the Year, Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year and more. GO HERE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, updated odds and betting splits on every game. GO HERE
- Our Week 12 college football best bets courtesy of Adam Burke, Tim Murray and Scott Seidenberg. Our guys are on a 25-10-1 run over the last three weeks. KEEP READING
- Updates on sharp action and line moves for Thursday and Friday’s games with South Point Sportsbook Director Chris Andrews. READ MORE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, updated odds and betting splits on every game. GO HERE
- Listen to Greg Peterson’s Coast to Coast Hoops podcast, a new feature that covers every game on the college basketball schedule. LISTEN HERE
- Greg Peterson’s daily best bet on the game between Marquette and Ole Miss. READ MORE
- Subscribers can get Greg’s spread and total lines on every game this season. GO HERE
- Want to experience everything we have to offer? Become a subscriber and sign up now!
- New & Improved Matchup page: Projected scores, updated odds and matchup analysis for every game. GO HERE
- Jonathan Von Tobel’s NBA best bets and market report posts around 12 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. JVT will cover the six pack of Thirsty Thursday games. GO HERE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, head-to-head trends and betting splits on every game. GO HERE
- Daily NBA Projected Scores: Using schedule situations, team power ratings and effective strength ratings, see our projected scores compared to the odds. GO HERE
- Andy MacNeil will have best bets and analysis on all 11 games for Thursday around mid-to-late morning. Check back throughout the afternoon as more picks are likely to be added. READ MORE
- New & Improved Matchup page: Stats, matchup analysis and betting market insights for every game. GO HERE
- Best bets for the RSM Classic from Wes Reynolds. READ MORE
- Catch the latest episode of The Wide World of Weingarten with a lot of sports betting chatter, including picks for the RSM Classic and DP World Tour Championship. WATCH NOW
- More golf betting picks from Wes and Brady Kannon on Long Shots. LISTEN NOW
VSiN betting resources
- LISTEN LIVE NOW: The VSiN 24-7 audio stream. GO HERE.
- VSIN BEST BETS PODCAST:Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
$1,000 match bonus from 1/ST BET
1/ST BET has a special offer for new customers: Get an instant $10 free upon sign up and then earn $10 for every $1000 wagered, up to $1,000. Use the bonus code VEGAS1000 when you SIGN UP NOW.
If you want some advice on how to spend that bonus, Xpressbet editor-in-chief Jeremy Plonk offers his top plays for today on the 1/ST BET-VSiN Best Bets page. GO HERE.
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher now that the football season is here? We have lots of great "How To" articles for those eager to learn how to bet like the pros. GO HERE