Week 18 – NFL Playoff Scenarios and Early Lines
There are a ton of moving parts for Week 18. The Packers are the only team officially locked into a playoff seed as the top team in the NFC. The NFC West is still up for grabs, along with the AFC East. The top four seeds are all subject to change in the AFC. Wild Card spots are yet to be decided in both conferences.
Let’s break out the scenario chart:
Titans – Clinch No. 1 seed with win vs. HOU OR losses by KC, CIN and NE OR losses by KC and CIN with a BUF win
Chiefs – Clinch No. 1 seed with win vs. DEN AND TEN loss to HOU
Bengals – Clinch No. 1 seed with win vs. CLE AND losses by TEN, KC and NE OR losses by TEN, KC and BUF win
Bills – Clinch AFC East with win vs. NYJ (own H2H tiebreaker vs. KC)
Patriots – Clinch AFC East with win vs. MIA AND BUF loss to NYJ; Can be No. 1 seed with win AND losses by BUF, TEN, KC
Colts – Clinch Wild Card with win vs. JAX (yeah, this probably happens)
Raiders/Chargers – Winner makes the playoffs (LV can get in with IND loss, PIT loss in Week 17 or 18; Chargers must win to get in)
Steelers – Can clinch Wild Card with wins vs. CLE and BAL AND IND loss to JAX
Packers – No. 1 seed
Rams – Clinch NFC West with win OR ARI loss vs. SEA (own H2H tiebreaker vs. Bucs)
Bucs – Virtually locked into No. 3 seed
Cowboys – Virtually locked into No. 4 seed
Cardinals – Can win NFC West with win and LAR loss
49ers – Can clinch Wild Card with win vs. LAR OR NO loss
Eagles – Clinched Wild Card with MIN loss; can finish as high as No. 6
Saints – Can clinch Wild Card with win vs. ATL AND SF loss to LAR
Based on the playoff possibilities and to maximize viewer interest, the NFL moved games into marquee times:
- Chiefs vs. Broncos, Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET.
- Cowboys vs. Eagles, Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET.
- Chargers vs. Raiders, Sunday, 8:20 p.m. ET.
Got all of that? This stuff is important to note when handicapping the card to see who might play and who might not. Coaches may shed some light throughout the week as well. Stay tuned to the news cycle and watch the odds screen, as these lines are going to move a lot.
- VSiN Staff: We’ve got one more game to go in Week 17. A market report from Chris Andrews and a best bet for Browns vs. Steelers from Adam Burke. READ MORE
- Adam Burke: Three early lines of interest for Week 18 with a couple of totals and one spread pick. KEEP READING
- New & Improved Matchup Page: Lines will be moving around a lot this week. Stay up on the latest game info. GO HERE
Check out the latest betting splits for MNF, which are updated throughout the day.
- 7 a.m. ET Follow The Money with Mitch Moss & Pauly Howard
- 10 a.m. A Numbers Game with Gill Alexander
- Noon The Lombardi Line with Patrick Meagher & Michael Lombardi
- 2 p.m. Odds On with Mike Palm & Amal Shah
- 3 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard & Josh Appelbaum
- 4 p.m. The Edge with Jonathan Von Tobel & Matt Youmans
- 5 p.m. My Guys in the Desert with Stormy Buonantony
- 6 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke
- 7 p.m. Prime Time Action with Gill Alexander & Matt Brown
- 10 p.m. The Night Cap with Tim Murray & Shaun King
- 1 a.m. The Lookahead with Scott Seidenberg
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners, or On-Demand.
Special BetMGM signup promotion for Monday night bettors
BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks, welcomes you with the lock of the year. Simply place a $10 moneyline wager on either Cleveland or Pittsburgh; if either team scores a touchdown, you’ll win $200 in Free Bets, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Just use bonus code VSiN200 when you make your first bet. Enjoy football like never before with Bet MGM’s special offers all season long
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, MS, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum & Dave Tuley
Josh Appelbaum:Josh has more coverage for us on tonight’s MNF matchup with a sharp money report and some betting systems to consider. READ MORE
Also, listen to Josh’s latest Market Insights podcast. LISTEN HERE
Dave Tuley: What happened with the five remaining entries in the Circa Survivor? Get that Contest Corner update, a recap of the weekend and best bets for Monday from today’s "Tuley’s Takes".READ MORE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook, and PlaySugarHouse.com in New York.
Here are the podcasts we’ve launched so far:
Other Stories on VSiN.com
MONDAY COLLEGE BASKETBALL BETTING GUIDE
- Free for all readers, Greg Peterson’s spotlight game and best bet features the non-conference clash between Sacramento State and Oregon State. (6 p.m. ET) READ MORE
- Subscribers can see Peterson’s spread and total lines for every game on the board. GO HERE
- Listen for best bets and expert insights on every CBB game on Peterson’s Coast to Coast Hoops podcast. LISTEN HERE
- Andy MacNeil’s daily NHL best bets and market report for today’s games is posted mid-to-late morning (check back throughout the day for updates). GO HERE
- Jonathan Von Tobel’s daily NBA best bets and market report for today’s games is also posted mid-to-late morning. GO HERE
- Adam Burke has a best bet on the Texas Bowl between Kansas State and LSU. READ MORE
- Bowl previews, show segments and much, much more can be found on our VSiN YouTube page. Subscribe and never miss a new clip. WATCH NOW
Betting splits for NBA, NHL, CBB, CFB, and NFL
Super Bowl Special: Everything we have to offer through the Big Game
The Super Bowl Special is the best promotion we’ve ever run. You’ll have an all-access pass to everything that we have to offer for just $39.99 from now through Feb. 13, 2022, which is the day that we’ll all sit back and enjoy Super Bowl LVI.
The Super Bowl Special includes:
- Every edition of Point Spread Weekly
- Daily best bets email
- Access to all premium content (including weekly NFL/CFB best bets, Jonathan Von Tobel’s NBA best bets and Andy MacNeil’s NHL best bets)
- Live videostream of VSiN programming
- Use of all VSiN Pro Tools and betting resources
- Super Bowl Betting Guide and premium Big Game content
Join us in VSiN City. Sign up for your subscription now! SUBSCRIBE
VSiN betting resources
- VSIN BEST BETS PODCAST:Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher now that the football season is here? We have lots of great "How To" articles for those eager to learn how to bet like the pros. GO HERE