Mobile Sports Betting Begins Saturday in New York
The New York State Gaming Commission announced Thursday that mobile betting can commence, beginning Saturday at 9 a.m. ET. The four operators that have been cleared to take mobile wagers are DraftKings, BetRivers, FanDuel and Caesars.
It goes without saying, but this is a massive market with the New York City metro area and we’ve seen the impact that the Big Apple has had on sports betting in New Jersey, where the state recently reported over a billion dollars in betting handle. Retail, in-person sports betting has been available in New York for over two years, but those retail locations aren’t close to NYC.
We’ll be keeping an eye on how things go in New York and how much it takes away from the New Jersey market. For more details on the news, GO HERE.
- 7 a.m. ET Follow The Money with Mitch Moss & Pauly Howard
- 10 a.m. A Numbers Game with Jeff Parles
- Noon The Lombardi Line with Patrick Meagher & Michael Lombardi
- 2 p.m. Odds On with Mike Palm & Amal Shah
- 3 p.m. Betting Across America with Mike Pritchard & Josh Appelbaum
- 4 p.m. The Edge with Jonathan Von Tobel & Matt Youmans
- 5 p.m. My Guys in the Desert with Femi Abebefe
- 6 p.m. Rush Hour with Danny Burke
- 7 p.m. Prime Time Action with Matt Brown & Wes Reynolds
- 10 p.m. The Night Cap with Tim Murray & Shaun King
- 1 a.m. The Greg Peterson Experience with Greg Peterson
- 4 a.m. First Strike with Dave Ross
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners, or On-Demand.
Get ready for college title game with BetMGM
BetMGM welcomes you with a special offer on the College Football National Championship. Simply place a $10 moneyline wager on the game; if either team scores a touchdown, you’ll win $200 in Free Bets, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Just use bonus code VSiN200 when you make your first bet. Enjoy the college championship like never before and earn M life Rewards that you can redeem at any MGM Resort.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IN, MI, MS, NJ, NV, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum & Dave Tuley
Josh Appelbaum:Josh’s Friday article takes a look at sharp action in the betting markets with some notable line moves and profitable systems. READ MORE
Also, listen to Josh’s latest Market Insights podcast. LISTEN HERE
Dave Tuley: "Tuley’s Takes" for Friday features a recap of what took place on Thursday and a best bet for tonight’s action. Keep an eye out this weekend for Tuley’s Thoroughbred Takes with Dave & Friends sharing their best bets on the track.READ MORE
Attention, New Yorkers: BetRivers is ready for your action
Legal sports betting in New York goes live Saturday, and you can make your first bets with BetRivers Sportsbook. Bet on your first moneyline, spread, or same-game parlay for the final week of the football season with the trusted team at BetRivers. Live and legal in New York on Saturday morning. Go to BetRivers.com to sign up and be there when BetRivers takes its first bets in the Empire State.
Must be 21. Playable in NY only. Gambling Problem? Call 1-877-8-HOPENY or text HOPENY (467369)
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook,
Big Game-Big Dance $69 Special Offer
We’re excited about the Big Game-Big Dance $69 special offer, but even more excited at how popular it has been thus far. Lots of readers and listeners have taken advantage of this outstanding deal already.
If you haven’t, we’ve got another offer for you. How about a free 7-day trial to see what being an All-Access Subscriber is all about? You can try before you buy. This is a good week to do that, as we just released a very robust edition of Point Spread Weekly and have wall-to-wall coverage of NFL Week 18.
Once you see what we’re all about, here’s what you’ll get with the Big Game-Big Dance Special:
- Daily best bets email
- Access to all premium content (including weekly NFL/CFB best bets, Jonathan Von Tobel’s NBA best bets and Andy MacNeil’s NHL best bets)
- Live videostream of VSiN programming
- Use of all VSiN Pro Tools and betting resources
- Super Bowl Betting Guide and premium Big Game content
- March Madness Betting Guide
- MLB Betting Guide
Sign up for your free trial now! SUBSCRIBE
Top Stories on VSiN.com
Betting splits updated multiple times per day for NBA, NHL, CBB, CFB, and NFL
NFL WEEK 18 ALMOST HERE
- VSiN Staff: Best bets from Matt Youmans, Adam Burke, Wes Reynolds, Dave Tuley, Will Hill and Ben Brown from PFF for Week 18. READ MORE
- Reid Fowler: Free for all readers, betting trends courtesy of DraftKings and a link to our database of trends for every game in Week 18. KEEP READING
- Femi Abebefe: Check out Femi’s breakdowns full of stats, trends and need-to-know info for every game this weekend on our VSiN YouTube page. WATCH NOW
FRIDAY COLLEGE BASKETBALL BETTING GUIDE
- Free for all readers, Greg Peterson’s spotlight game and best bet features the Big East battle between Xavier and Butler. (8:30 p.m. ET) READ MORE
- Subscribers can see Peterson’s spread and total lines for every game on the board. GO HERE
- Listen for best bets and expert insights on every CBB game on Peterson’s Coast to Coast Hoops podcast. LISTEN HERE
- Andy MacNeil’s daily NHL best bets and market report for today’s games is posted mid-to-late morning (check back throughout the day for updates). GO HERE
- Jonathan Von Tobel’s daily NBA best bets and market report for today’s games is also posted mid-to-late morning. GO HERE
Who’s In and Who’s Out in the NBA?
We have two new betting resources for our readers that bet on the NBA. Check back throughout the day to see updates on these two pages.
COVID Tracker: Which NBA players are out due to COVID? GO HERE
Sitting Out: Which NBA players are sitting out for non-COVID reasons? GO HERE
$1,000 match bonus from 1/ST BET
1/ST BET has a special offer for new customers: Get an instant $10 free upon sign up and then earn $10 for every $1000 wagered, up to $1,000. Use the bonus code VEGAS1000 when you SIGN UP NOW.
If you want some advice on how to spend that bonus, Xpressbet analyst Jeff Siegel offers his top plays for today on the 1/ST BET-VSiN Best Bets page. GO HERE.
VSiN betting resources
- VSIN BEST BETS PODCAST:Never miss a show. Get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. LISTEN HERE.
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher now that the football season is here? We have lots of great "How To" articles for those eager to learn how to bet like the pros. GO HERE