Russell Wilson Trade Shakes Up The NFL
The Broncos and Seahawks agreed to a blockbuster trade that took away the thunder of the "Aaron Rodgers is going back to Green Bay" announcement in record time.
Michael Lombardi joined Mike Pritchard and Josh Appelbaum on Betting Across America to share his thoughts. WATCH NOW
Jonathan Von Tobel and Matt Youmans also broke down the deal from their perspectives on The Edge. WATCH NOW
Shows are archived in one-hour increments in podcast form at VSiN.com, so you can always catch up on what you may have missed. LISTEN HERE
The Month of Madness Is Here! Get VSiN All-Access for Just $19
March has arrived, bringing with it the absolute best of the college basketball season. Sign up now and get everything VSiN offers to subscribers through the National Championship Game on April 4, including:
- VSiN Bracket Strategy Guide: Available Monday, this is your go-to resource for office pool success. It will share statistical traits and historical trends for upset victims, Cinderella teams, Final Four teams and champions, as well as strategies for bracket selection and reveal brackets from some of VSiN’s experts, including Brent Musburger and Dave Tuley.
- VSiN Tournament Betting Guide: Available on Tuesday, this special issue focuses on what you need to know to bet on the tournament. It has in-depth statistical previews for all 68 teams as well as best bets from VSiN experts, the best tournament futures bets, betting strategies, and a breakdown of every team’s chances based on four sets of power ratings. You’ll also be able to see full brackets from Matt Youmans, Greg "Hoops" Peterson and other VSiN hosts.
- VSiN daily best bets email: Every day during the college basketball conference tournaments and throughout the NCAA tournament, you will receive an email by noon ET with best bets from hosts and their guests.
And if that’s not enough, you get our takes on every other sport worth wagering on right now.
The Hoops Madness special is a one-time charge of $19 so it’s the perfect time to give VSiN’s All-Access package a try. BUY NOW
Wednesday’s VSiN Programming
Today’s schedule is HERE. Guests include:
- Follow The Money (7 a.m. ET) with Mitch and Pauly includes Players Championship golf talk with Jeff Sealey and Russell Wilson trade reaction with Denver radio host Chad Andrus
- You never quite know what host Gill Alexander and guest Jason Weingarten will talk about on A Numbers Game (10 a.m. ET), but you know it will be a good discussion
- With a new edition of Point Spread Weekly out today, lead editor Steve Makinen and UFC expert Lou Finocchiaro join The Lombardi Line (12 p.m. ET) with hosts Dave Ross and Mike Pritchard
- Join Stormy Buonantony and a trio of guests, including New York CityCast host Will Hill on My Guys in the Desert (5 p.m. ET)
- Evening and late night guests include resident NBA expert JVT and college hoops analyst Ky McKeon (Prime Time Action, 7 p.m. ET), prop betting expert Brad Evans (The Night Cap, 10 p.m. ET) and ESPN Stats and Info researcher Mackenzie Kraemer (The Lookahead, 1 a.m. ET)
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners. Or get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. GO HERE.
Burke’s Betting Blurbs
Handicapping Conference Tournament Motivation
There are 11 conference tournaments starting today and four of them are guaranteed to be one-bid leagues. The A-10 could end up being one as well. There is an enormous difference between needing to go all the way to win your conference tournament and simply playing for seeding. When you have no choice but to play and win three games in three days, you do everything that you can to do it. When you have a choice, coaches may look at the big picture instead.
Take Kentucky for example. When healthy, the Wildcats can beat any single team in the field. They haven’t been healthy most of the season, as guards TyTy Washington and Sahvir Wheeler have battled injuries. It is hard to see a reason why John Calipari would go all out to try and move up to a No. 1 seed.
Similarly, consider Illinois. Kofi Cockburn means everything to the Fighting Illini and he has played through various ailments and has missed time. The last thing Brad Underwood wants for a team making its first NCAA Tournament appearance in almost decade is to go into it with his best player hobbled or injured.
On the other hand in the Big Ten, you have Michigan, a team that wildly underperformed and a head coach that had an embarrassing moment that led to a suspension. He’s back on the bench for a team listed by some bracketologists are being one of the “last four byes”, meaning just above having to play a play-in game in Dayton. They have incentive.
When handicapping futures or even doing game-by-game betting in these tournaments, consider the “unquantifiable factors.” We know what the metrics say. We know what these teams can do. But we should also keep in mind that a coach may subtly opt for a little extra rest at the end of a long season as opposed to going all out this week.
-Adam Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org; @SkatingTripods on Twitter)
Today’s Big Sports Betting Stories
PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP TEES OFF ON THURSDAY
Our golf experts have been on the ball this season. While nobody had Scottie Scheffler, our guys were all around the leaderboard with runners-up Viktor Hovland and Billy Horschel. They’re back at it again this week for the "fifth major", the PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass.
Check out our official tournament preview and the best bets from Wes Reynolds. READ MORE
Brady Kannon is back this week and he wrote up his favorite matchups and a primer on the event. KEEP READING
Wes and Brady also teamed up with Matt Youmans and Ryan Burr of PGA Tour Live for this week’s edition of the Long Shots Podcast. LISTEN HERE
SIX BIDS CLAIMED; 11 NEW CONFERENCE TOURNAMENTS START TODAY
Six teams received their automatic berths to the NCAA Tournament last night, as five won their conference tournaments and another backed into the Big Dance under a unique set of circumstances. Jacksonville State, the regular season champ in the Atlantic Sun, will represent the conference in the Field of 68 after Bellarmine, ineligible while transitioning to Division I, won the conference tournament final over Jacksonville.
Wright State, Delaware, Bryant, South Dakota State and Gonzaga were the victors in their respective conference tournaments.
Five conference tournaments got underway on Tuesday, which pales in comparison to the ELEVEN that get started on Wednesday. Are you ready? They are: A-10, Big 12, Big East, Big Sky, Big Ten, MEAC, Mountain West, Pac-12, SEC, Southland and SWAC.
Adam Burke wrote about all of the remaining conference tournaments with "The A’s and the Bigs" for Wednesday, and also the AAC (starts Thursday). READ MORE
He also tackled the Ivy (starts Saturday), MAC (Thursday), MEAC, Mountain West, Pac-12, SEC, Southland and SWAC. KEEP READING
Matt Youmans also gave out his best bets for the power conference tournaments. READ MORE
Steve Makinen also shared some more conference tournament betting trends. GO HERE
Dave Tuley also shared his conference tournament betting strategies. KEEP READING
For more on today’s games…
Coast to Coast Hoops Podcast: Greg "Hoops" Peterson hits every single game on the board with his lines and picks on the Coast to Coast Hoops podcast. LISTEN HERE
VSiN Staff: Bookmark this page, where our experts, writers and hosts share their daily top plays for conference tournaments. GO HERE
More Greg Peterson: Subscribers are privy to Greg’s spread and total lines on a daily basis, including today’s card. GO HERE
VSiN HELP DESK – COLLEGE BASKETBALL EDITION
Back by popular demand, the VSiN Help Desk has returned! Our writers, hosts and experts are here to answer your burning college basketball questions for conference tournaments, the Big Dance or even the NIT, CBI and CIT when those fields get announced.
Adam Burke has already answered a few questions that we received primarily during the Super Bowl. Now that the Month of Madness is here, we know you have more questions and we have answers. READ MORE
Submit your questions here.
Special BetMGM signup promotion for NBA bettors
Bet MGM welcomes you with a special offer for the NBA. Simply place a $10 moneyline wager on any game; if either team hits a 3-pointer, you’ll win $200 in Free Bets. Just use bonus code VSiN200 when you make your first bet. Plus, you’ll earn Bet MGM Rewards Points that can be redeemed for online bonuses or converted into comps at over twenty MGM Resorts nationwide. Bet MGM is proud to be an authorized gaming partner of the NBA!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Wednesday’s Market Insights column covers noteworthy line movement and betting systems in college basketball that you need to know from our line-watching expert Josh Appelbaum. READ MORE
Also, be sure to listen to Josh’s latest Market Insights podcast posted at Noon ET. LISTEN HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook.
Special Offers from Winners & Whiners
🔥 Craig Trapp: Craig is RED HOT right now with his best bets: 17-3 in the last 15 days, earning $100 bettors $1400! Tonight, you can get in on the action with his free 10-star play on the Georgetown vs. Seton Hall game. GET THE FREE PICK.
Chris King: So far this month, Chris has won thirteen 2-teamers, four 4-teamers, and a six-teamer between his Just Parlays show and his subscription parlays. Get his private parlay bets for tonight – $15.89. GET THE PARLAYS.
Ben Hayes: Ben is currently 3-1 with his CBB picks, showing everyone why he is our hoops expert. You can get his plays tonight for $9.98! GET THE PICKS.
David Hess: Everyone knows David can pick hoops, but he has a particular knack for finding totals that Vegas is completely unprepared for, with his projections (and the final score) as much as 20 points off the line. He has his eyes on such a game on tonight’s schedule and you don’t want to miss out! GET THE PICK.
⚠ FREE Madness Betting Guide! The Winners and Whiners team are putting together a betting guide on the NCAA Tournament and are giving it to all VSiN fans absolutely free! Normally a $99 value, this guide will feature insightful articles helping you to avoid trap lines, common betting mistakes, find value, and most importantly: make the right bets! All absolutely free! SIGN UP NOW.
More at VSiN.com
FREE FOR ALL
- Betting splits updated multiple times per day for NBA, NHL and CBB. GO HERE
- Want to become a better bettor? See what VSiN can do for you when you become a subscriber. READ MORE
- Dave Tuley: Get "Tuley’s Takes" today and every day with a recap of what happened the night before and some of his top best bets. KEEP READING
- Keep tabs on today’s best bets from VSiN hosts and show guests (list updated throughout the day). GO HERE
- Jonathan Von Tobel: Check out JVT’s NBA best bets and market report every weekday (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
- Andy MacNeil: Check out Andy’s NHL best bets and market report every day (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
Want to read today’s premium content? Get a free 10-day trial—or the $19 Hoops Madness special!
VSiN betting resources
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
A "How To Guide" for Betting on Sports
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher? Learn how to bet like the pros or pick up on some different strategies that you may not have considered in our Sports Betting 101 series. GO HERE