The NCAA Tournament Is Here! Get VSiN All-Access for Just $19
Sign up now and get everything VSiN offers to subscribers through the National Championship Game on April 4, including:
- VSiN Bracket Strategy Guide: Available TODAY, this is your go-to resource for office pool success. It will share statistical traits and historical trends for upset victims, Cinderella teams, Final Four teams and champions, as well as strategies for bracket selection and reveal brackets from some of VSiN’s experts, including Brent Musburger and Dave Tuley. IF YOU ARE ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER, DOWNLOAD NOW.
- VSiN Tournament Betting Guide: Available TOMORROW, this special issue focuses on what you need to know to bet on the tournament. It has in-depth statistical previews for all 68 teams as well as best bets from VSiN experts, the best tournament futures bets, betting strategies, and a breakdown of every team’s chances based on four sets of power ratings. You’ll also be able to see full brackets from Matt Youmans, Greg "Hoops" Peterson and other VSiN hosts.
- VSiN daily best bets email: Every day during the college basketball postseason tournaments, including the NCAA Tournament, but also the NIT, CBI and The Basketball Classic(formerly the CIT), you will receive an email by noon ET with best bets from hosts and their guests.
And if that’s not enough, you get our takes on every other sport worth wagering on right now.
The Hoops Madness special is a one-time charge of $19 so it’s the perfect time to give VSiN’s All-Access package a try. BUY NOW
Monday’s VSiN Programming
Today’s schedule is HERE. Show highlights:
- An important programming note: Follow the Money with Mitch Moss and Pauly Howard can now be watched live on NESN, as opposed to NESN Plus, from 7-10 am. ET. Be sure to tune in today as the guys welcome pro bettor Brad Powers, SI Senior Writer Pat Forde and South Point Oddsmaker Vinny Magliulo
- Host Gill Alexander chats about the NCAA Tournament with Matt Cox and our own Greg "Hoops" Peterson on A Numbers Game (10 a.m. ET)
- Patrick Meagher and Michael Lombardi host The Lombardi Line (Noon ET) and chat about the NCAA Tourney lines and early action with Borgata Sportsbook’s Thomas Gable
- Jimmy Vaccaro and Vinny Magliulo from South Point Sportsbook and college basketball expert Jim Root discuss all the March Madness activity with host Stormy Buonantony on My Guys in the Desert (5 p.m. ET)
- Evening and nighttime guests include South Point Sportsbook Director Chris Andrews and Eric Eager of PFF to talk Tom Brady on Prime Time Action (7 p.m. ET); "Hoops" Peterson, Amal Shah and Jonathan Von Tobel join The Lookahead (1 a.m. ET)
Listen live on VSiN.com, in the VSiN App for Android or iOS, on the iHeart Radio App, via our broadcast partners. Or get one-hour segments of every show in podcast format, posted shortly after they finish. GO HERE.
Today’s Big Sports Betting Stories
BRACKET GUIDE AND EARLY NCAA TOURNAMENT THOUGHTS
It is officially Monday March 14 and that means that our VSiN Bracket Guide will be released this afternoon. Subscribers will have that delivered to their inbox. Others can get the best advice money can buy on filling out brackets and winning office pools for just $3.99. You’ll also see brackets from Brent Musburger and Dave Tuley, along with Steve Makinen’s assessment of NCAA Tournament teams that fit certain kinds of criteria, like those that pull off upsets, make a run as a Cinderella, Final Four teams or National Championship teams. Head to VSiN.com/subscribe to sign up or buy the Bracket Guide a la carte.
Ben Fawkes: NCAA Tournament betting odds for every first-round game. READ MORE
Adam Burke: Five early NCAA Tournament bets that stand out, including some first-round ATS picks and a futures position to take. KEEP READING
Get your official VSiN PRINTABLE BRACKET.
For more on this week’s action….
Coast to Coast Hoops Podcast: Greg "Hoops" Peterson hits every single game on the board with his lines and picks on the Coast to Coast Hoops podcast. LISTEN HERE
VSiN Staff: Bookmark this page, where our experts, writers and hosts share their daily top plays for conference tournaments. GO HERE
More Greg Peterson: See Greg’s spread and total lines for this week’s games. GO HERE
VSiN HELP DESK – COLLEGE BASKETBALL EDITION
Back by popular demand, the VSiN Help Desk has returned! Our writers, hosts and experts are here to answer your burning college basketball questions for conference tournaments, the Big Dance or even the NIT, CBI and CIT when those fields get announced.
Now that the bracket has been revealed, we know you have more questions and we have answers from Greg Peterson, Adam Burke, Dave Tuley and a host of other writers and experts. READ MORE
Submit your questions here.
TOM BRADY UNRETIRES; DID ONE BETTOR KNOW AHEAD OF TIME?!
When you’re Tom effing Brady, you can do whatever you want. You can even hijack Selection Sunday to unretire. That’s precisely what TB12 did on Sunday evening, posting on Twitter that he would return for his 23rd NFL season. Shortly thereafter, the Buccaneers re-signed center Ryan Jensen. With an avalanche of MLB transactions, a bracket reveal and Brady’s tweet, it was the kind of night that’ll make your head spin.
Ben Fawkes: South Point Sportsbook Director Chris Andrews told Stormy Buonantony on My Guys in the Desert on Friday that the Buccaneers were drawing heavy Super Bowl action from one particular bettor. It seems now we know why. READ MORE
Brady’s Betting Blurbs
An Update on the Players Championship
Adam’s Note: It’s been a day finishing the writing and editing of the 68 team previews for our VSiN Tournament Betting Guide. A reader reached out and asked for Brady Kannon’s updated thoughts on the Players Championship, which is leaking over into Monday. Therefore, you get Brady’s Betting Blurbs today.
It has been a very unconventional Players Championship so far, as I write here on Sunday evening, and roughly 27-holes of golf still remain before we declare a winner. Inclement weather halted play for three straight days on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and when the players did return to the course on Saturday, the wind was such a factor that playing the island green on the 17th hole that it was nearly impossible at times. Playing a shortened amount of holes due to darkness, the 17th hole still produced 29 balls in the water on Saturday with the wind gusting up to 35-40 miles per hour.
The good news is the Long Shots crew still has some players that are alive to win the championship outright despite Saturday’s carnage. Wes Reynolds, Matt Youmans, and myself, all have Daniel Berger at 30-1 or better. Berger is currently tied for 7th, 3 shots off of the lead, with 23 holes left to play.
Youmans and Reynolds each have Keith Mitchell who is 5-off the lead with 27 holes remaining. Matt and Wes also each have Will Zalatoris, who is 6-back with 26 holes left to play. Wes has Paul Casey at 42-1 and Casey is just 2-shots back with 27 holes still to complete. I have Tom Hoge at 150-1. Hoge won for Wes and I earlier this season at Pebble Beach. He is just one shot off of the lead with 27 holes left to play and is the new adjusted favorite at around 7-1 heading into play on Monday. I also added a bet on Friday night on Kramer Hickok at 100-1 when he was just 1-shot off of the lead. I tweeted this out after placing the bet (@LasVegasGolfer). He is now 5-back and tied for 18th with 22 holes left to play.
So I like our position, as far as getting another winner home for Team Long Shots but if I was going to add anyone at this point, I would take my chances with the two players who are just one shot back, Tom Hoge and Harold Varner III. I already have Hoge in pocket, pre-tournament, so I am not going to go back for more on him and I already did invest "in-game" on Hickok. Depending on who one has in pocket at this point of course makes a difference. I am not adding anyone else because of my already established positions with Hickok, Berger, and Hoge.
Harold Varner notched a victory earlier this season, a week prior to the Super Bowl, at the Saudi International, so the form is good and he’s gotten the taste of winning recently. Tom Hoge was a winner in the same week, as I mentioned, at Pebble Beach. Both players are excellent ball-strikers and both lost strokes putting through the 9 holes they both completed on Sunday. Hoge is 2nd overall in the field for Strokes Gained Approach for the entire event. One is playing pretty darn well if the putter is not spot on but yet, you are still just 1-shot off of the lead. Putting is arguably the very most random statistic. It is very difficult to putt extremely well for four rounds of a golf tournament and at the same time, it is not common to putt extremely poorly for four rounds either.. so it would not be surprising to see these two players find some improvement on the greens after not faring well during the first part of their 3rd round.
I mentioned Hoge being in the neighborhood of 7-1. I’m seeing Harold Varner as high as 11-1. Good luck with whatever your decision is for the final round and a half of The Players Championship. Personally, I’m hoping to take another big bite into a Hoge Sandwich.
– Brady Kannon (firstname.lastname@example.org; @LasVegasGolfer on Twitter)
– Adam Burke (email@example.com; @SkatingTripods on Twitter)
Refer A Friend BetMGM
Attention Bet MGM customers! Have a friend who loves sports as much as you do? Here’s a chance for both of you to earn a $50 bonus when they sign up through Bet MGM’s Refer-A-Friend program! Just sign in to your Bet MGM account and click on the Refer-A-Friend program to send your friend a message inviting them to register a new account in the same state you use Bet MGM in. Once your friend signs up and makes a deposit, they’ll receive a $50 bonus. And once your friend places a bet with their bonus and the wager is settled, you’ll receive a $50 bonus as well!
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offer not available in Mississippi or Ne
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Monday’s Market Insights column takes a look at "fishy" lines for the NCAA Tournament, as Josh Appelbaum surveys some of the more interesting odds for the first round. READ MORE
Also, be sure to listen to Josh’s latest Market Insights podcast posted at Noon ET. LISTEN HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook.
Special Offers and Announcements from Winners & Whiners
FREE 🏀 Madness Betting Guide! Ready later tonight, this FREE Hoops Madness Betting Guide will feature insightful articles helping you avoid trap lines and upsets while finding value plays and make the right bets. It will also include best bets, parlays, and expert analysis on the first round games. All absolutely free! RESERVE YOUR FREE BETTING GUIDE
$2000 Bracket Madness Challenge You’re already putting together brackets, so enter yours into our $2000 Bracket Challenge! Top 5 places win CASH with first place taking $1000! Deadline to enter is 12 p.m. on March 17th. REGISTER NOW
More at VSiN.com
FREE FOR ALL
- Betting splits updated multiple times per day for NBA, NHL and CBB. GO HERE
- Want to become a better bettor? See what VSiN can do for you when you become a subscriber. READ MORE
- Dave Tuley: Get "Tuley’s Takes" today and every day with a recap of what happened the night before and some of his top best bets. KEEP READING
- Keep tabs on today’s best bets from VSiN hosts and show guests (list updated throughout the day). GO HERE
- Jonathan Von Tobel: Check out JVT’s NBA best bets and market report every weekday (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
- Andy MacNeil: Check out Andy’s NHL best bets and market report every day (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
Want to read today’s premium content? Get a free 10-day trial—or the $19 Hoops Madness special!
VSiN betting resources
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
A "How To Guide" for Betting on Sports
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher? Learn how to bet like the pros or pick up on some different strategies that you may not have considered in our Sports Betting 101 series. GO HERE