|We’ve made it to the end of the college basketball season. With one game left to go, Kansas is still -4 against North Carolina with a total of 152. Monitor the line moves HERE.
Thank you to all of our readers and subscribers for being with us throughout the season!
What You Need to Know for the NCAA Championship Game
VSiN Experts: Best bets from VSiN hosts and experts for tonight’s final. READ MORE
VSiN Help Desk: We’ve got our college basketball expert Greg "Hoops" Peterson on the Help Desk sharing his answers and expertise. READ MORE. (Submit your questions here.)
Coast to Coast Hoops Podcast: Get Greg’s thoughts on the final game. LISTEN HERE
More Greg: See Greg’s spread and total lines. GO HERE
Bet Tracker: See how VSiN hosts and guests have done in the NCAA tournament. GO HERE.
Ben Fawkes: Check out the list of the biggest NCAA tournament bets to win it all. GO HERE
Monday’s VSiN schedule is HERE.
- Start Championship Monday with Follow The Money (7 a.m. ET); scheduled guests are Adam Chernoff, Ed Graney and CBS Sports Golf Analyst Colt Knost has Masters thoughts
- Trading Bases author Joe Peta talks MLB, as Wes Reynolds and Greg Peterson join to talk Kansas vs. Villanova on A Numbers Game (10 a.m. ET)
- Afternoon show highlights include Borgata Sportsbook Director Thomas Gable on The Lombardi Line (Noon ET); CBS Announcer Ian Eagle on Odds On (2 p.m. ET); MLB Network PBP man Matt Vasgersian and DraftKings Sportsbook Director Johnny Avello on The Edge (4 p.m. ET)
- Jimmy Vaccaro and Vinny Magliulo from South Point join My Guys in the Desert (5 p.m. ET), as well as Julian Edlow from DraftKings
- Evening and nighttime highlights include live betting updates on Kansas vs. Villanova, as well as Matt Cox on Prime Time Action (7 p.m. ET); a game wrap-up on The Night Cap (10 p.m. ET) and Jared Smith and a total of five guests on The Lookahead (1 a.m. ET)
Listen for free or get the VSiN Hoops Madness package and watch live at VSiN.com. You can also download the VSiN App for Android or iOS.
$19 Spring Draft Special: VSiN Plus All-Access Through May 1
Our Masters Betting Guide comes out today, so if you have not signed up to be a VSiN All-Access subscriber, now is the time. Get everything we have to offer for just $19, including the following:
- MLB Betting Guide: Our all-digital MLB Guide at VSiN.com features MLB team previews from Adam Burke with stats and picks, plus Jason Weingarten’s MLB futures bets. Our division-by-division previews are posted here.
- Masters Betting Guide: Opening Day and the opening round of the Masters are the same day, so that first week of April will be jampacked with betting intel from our experts. We’ll have a breakdown of every golfer in the field, plus futures bets and matchups from the Long Shotsand other experts. The digital magazine will be released tonight. (Subscribers can get a taste right now with a capsule for EVERY player in the Masters field courtesy of Wes Reynolds HERE.)
- NFL Draft Betting Guide: The NFL Draft is right here in Las Vegas April 28-30 and we’ll have extensive coverage, including draft analysis from Matt Youmans and Michael Lombardi, as well as staff picks on NFL draft best bets. The digital magazine will be released Monday, April 25.
Along with the betting guides, you’ll get every Wednesday edition of Point Spread Weekly, our daily best bets email, and full VSiN.com access with a live videostream and all of the betting tools we offer.
BUY THE SPRING SPECIAL NOW.
Special BetMGM March Matchups Championship Game promotion
BetMGM welcomes you with a special offer on the College Basketball National Championship. Simply place a $10 moneyline wager on the game; if either team hits a three, you’ll win $200 in Free Bets, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Just use bonus code MM200 when you make your first bet.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, LA, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IL, IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, help is available. Call (877-8-HOPENY) or text HOPENY (467369) (NY), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh takes one final look at the sharp money and the nuggets to know for Kansas vs. Villanova. READ MORE
Catch the latest edition of the Market Insights podcast (posted around Noon ET). LISTEN HERE
MLB Betting Guide Rollout Continues
Our resident MLB expert Adam Burke is providing in-depth analysis on all 30 teams for VSiN subscribers. Five of the 5 divisions have been posted with the NL West added today.
We’ll also have futures best bets from Adam, Jason Weingarten and others in the lead-up to the MLB season. Check out Jason’s latest futures bets on the Home Run Leader HERE.
These are available to subscribers only, so sign up over at VSiN.com/draft for that $19 special to gain access.
Adam’s analysis is definitely data-driven and may include some stats and analytics you may not be familiar with, but he has provided a glossary HERE.
Bookmark this landing page for all of Adam’s team previews HERE.
Also, check out Steve Makinen’s ranks of this season’s MLB starting pitcher rotations.
Burke’s Betting Blurbs
Playing Catch Up in MLB
While spending the weekend in Nashville for my wife’s birthday, MLB news was coming fast and furious. I expected a lot of pitcher injuries to dominate the news cycle, but we had some really big ones this weekend with Jacob deGrom, Lance Lynn and Max Scherzer, among others. We also had a big trade with Sean Manaea going south on the west coast to San Diego.
I’ll be putting some author’s notes in my MLB season previews today on the updated news as I gather my thoughts and catch up on anything else that I missed. We’ve had some other trades as well with relievers moving around and things of that sort. All of those things are important, especially early in the season when bullpen depth will be tested.
I did want to throw a few quick spring training notes out there as it winds down:
Most stats don’t matter: Most spring training stats don’t really matter. Strikeouts and walks are two stats that have a low stabilization point, meaning you don’t need a large sample size to see what’s real and what isn’t for hitters. Guys that struck out a lot are very concerning as the season gets underway. (Looking at you, Cody Bellinger)
Winds, weather and other factors render most stats useless. Pitchers will work on things and may throw 80% fastballs or end up facing a lineup full of minor leaguers. You don’t want to put any stock in ERA. For ballparks that do have Statcast, exit velocity does stabilize rather quickly as well, for what it’s worth.
Note how stretched out pitchers are: Managers will tell you how far along pitchers are. The Guardians are saying that their pitchers will be around 65 pitches. That means basically five innings max for the first turn or two through the rotation. Bullpens are going to decide a ton of games in April and on into May. You may want to utilize 1st 5 betting instead of full-game.
Injury timelines: Also, note the injury timelines. “Throwing in four weeks” means starting to throw again. It will take time to build arm strength up enough to start at the MLB level, so that’s more like 6-8 weeks, if not more. These things matter with season win totals, player futures, etc. Something as simple as an oblique injury at this point will keep a pitcher out until mid-to-late May and maybe the same for a hitter. It’s why I tend to try and wait until the last minute to make any win total over bets or player futures, just to err on the side of caution, even if it hurts the price.
– Adam Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org; @SkatingTripods on Twitter)
Betting Splits for NBA, NHL & CBB
Get valuable betting information courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook on our Betting Splits page. See where the money is coming in (and where it isn’t) with the updated bet counts and percentages. Use these to help identify sharp action, reverse line moves and the most popular sides and totals of the day.
These are updated multiple times throughout the day, so bookmark this page and check back often. GO HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook.
Check Out Our Experts at VSiN.com
- Jonathan Von Tobel: It’s Monday and that means the return of JVT’s NBA best bets article. (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
- Andy MacNeil: Check out Andy’s NHL best bets and market report every day (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
- Dave Tuley: A recap of what’s happening in the sports betting world and best bets in the "Tuley’s Takes" column. KEEP READING
Special Offers from Winners & Whiners
Ben Hayes has been AMAZING in the NCAA Tournament this year, hitting 18 of his last 24 plays within the big dance and he has now hit over 66% of his college hoops plays for the season overall. Tonight marks the end of the CBB season and BEN WILL FINISH ON A HIGH NOTE with a STRONG PLAY in the National Championship game. GET BEN’S TOP PLAY – $9.98
David Hess has DOMINATED totals in CBB this season, especially of late as he is 29-9 in totals within the NCAA Tournament so far. Vegas has NOT STOOD A CHANCE against David all through the tournament and tonight will be no different as he has a STRONG TOTALS winner in the game between North Carolina & Kansas. GRAB DAVID’S BIG TOTALS PLAY – $9.37.
Craig Trapp had a STRONG MARCH in which he hit 64% of his Best Bets and he has continued that success by hitting his first two Best Bets of April. He is off of a 3-1 day and he is now 12-2 in his last 14 plays overall. Craig has isolated another STRONG BEST BET for this evening, so be sure and take advantage of his HOT STREAK. GET TONIGHT’S BEST BET
New from 1/ST BET: 7 days of picks
1/ST will provide VSiN with picks every day: Plays generated from 1/ST BET’s exclusive Artificial Intelligence program on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays; Jeremy Plonk on Thursdays and Sundays, and Jeff Siegel on Fridays and Saturdays.
You will find them posted at VSiN.com/horses along with a special offer from 1/ST BET. Sign up using the code VEGAS1000 for an instant $10 free plus up to a $1,000 Bonus.
VSiN betting resources
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
A "How To Guide" for Betting on Sports
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher? Learn how to bet like the pros or pick up on some different strategies that you may not have considered in our Sports Betting 101 series. GO HERE