What’s Happening Today in Sports Betting?
NBA Playoffs Continue Sunday
Favorites went 3-1 SU and ATS on Saturday to kick off the NBA playoffs. Utah took advantage of the absence of Luka Doncic to draw first blood against Dallas. The 76ers and Warriors won and covered comfortably against the Raptors and Nuggets, respectively. Along with losing Game 1 by 20 points, Toronto also lost Scottie Barnes to a sprained ankle. The lone pup to come out on top was Minnesota with a strong 130-117 win over Memphis as a 6.5-point dog.
Here’s the Sunday schedule of Game 1s:
1 p.m. ET – Hawks at Heat (-6.5, 219.5)
3:30 p.m. ET – Nets at Celtics (-4, 224)
6:30 p.m. ET – Bulls at Bucks (-10, 229.5)
9 p.m. ET – Pelicans at Suns (-10.5, 225)
Jonathan Von Tobel: Throughout the playoffs, you can find JVT’s Eastern Conference best bets HERE and Western Conference best bets HERE.
Steve Makinen: Point Spread Weekly editor Steve Makinen has a boatload of betting trends for the first round with some surprising angles, like this one: In the lowest-totaled playoff games (218 or lower) the Under is 34-20-3 (62.9%) over the last three postseasons. When the total is 218 or higher, the Over is 41-26-2 (61.2%).
The under trend was 1-1 yesterday, while the over trend was 2-0. Read more of Steve’s trends HERE.
USFL Week 1 Wraps Up Today
What were your first impressions of the USFL? Reviews seemed to be mixed, but any football is better than no football at any point during the year. There are three games on the board for Sunday to finish Week 1 and DraftKings has lines posted.
Noon ET – Houston Gamblers vs. Michigan Panthers (-3, 42.5)
4 p.m. ET – Philadephia Stars vs. New Orleans Breakers (-2, 43)
8 p.m. ET – Tampa Bay Bandits (-5, 40.5) vs. Pittsburgh Storm
Steve Makinen with what you need to know to bet the USFL HERE.
Dave Tuley on the rules of the league and why 3 will be a very important number. READ MORE
NASCAR Under The Lights
We’ve got night racing in Bristol, TN for the Food City Dirt Race. Steve Makinen’s race simulation results, updated driver power ratings and several other useful tools can be found in our NASCAR Hub HERE.
Brendan Gaughan and Jeff Motley got together for another edition of Gone Racin’ to handicap Sunday night’s race. LISTEN HERE
VSiN Programming: NBA Playoffs, MLB in the Spotlight
Sunday’s VSiN schedule is HERE.
- Tune in early with Mark Zinno on Point Spread Sunday (8 a.m. ET), followed by Josh Appelbaum filling in with Patrick Meagher on The Lombardi Line (10 a.m. ET), with guests Thomas Gable of Borgata Sportsbook plus our own Wes Reynolds and Will Hill
- Six hours of Betting Across America will include live NBA and MLB updates, USFL coverage and a whole lot more, starting with Femi Abebefe and James Salinas (12-3 p.m. ET) and ending with Dave Ross and Wes Reynolds (3-6 p.m. ET)
- Jonathan Von Tobel will have all the NBA you need to know on Hardwood Handicappers (6 p.m. ET) and then Ben Wilson and Adam Burke talk all things MLB on The Run Line (8 p.m. ET)
- Rampart Sportsbook Director Duane Colucci and VSiN senior writer Dave Tuley join Scott Seidenberg on The Lookahead (10 p.m. ET)
Listen for free or get the VSiN Hoops Madness package and watch live at VSiN.com. You can also download the VSiN App for Android or iOS.
Special BetMGM signup promotion for MLB bettors
Bet MGM is pitching baseball fans a chance to swing for the fences! Register using code VSiN200 and $200 in Free Bets when you place a $10 moneyline wager on any Major League Baseball game and either team hits a home run, regardless of your bet’s outcome. Enjoy baseball like never before with Bet MGM all season long. Sign up today with The King of Sportsbooks!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi or Nevada.
$19 Spring Draft Special: VSiN Plus All-Access Through May 1
It isn’t too late to take advantage of our Spring Special, which includes our daily best bets email, and full VSiN.com access with a live videostream and all of the betting tools we offer.
Those tools include best bets and market reports articles from Andy MacNeil (NHL), Jonathan Von Tobel (NBA) and Adam Burke (MLB), as well as everything you see at VSiN behind the paywall. You’ll also get the remaining issues of Point Spread Weekly for this month and also our NFL Draft Guide that comes out later this month with mock drafts, best bets and more commentary from our experts.
For $19, you simply can’t beat it.
BUY THE SPRING SPECIAL NOW.
Picks, Betting Tools and Analysis for MLB
A lot of bettors are turning to Major League Baseball, but may want to know where to begin. Right here at VSiN, of course. Along with plenty of betting tools, we also have a ton of content that will help you become a smarter and sharper baseball handicapper. Something like Adam Burke’s tips for staying ahead of MLB line moves (HERE) or Adam’s glossary for stats (HERE) that you need to know in order to have the best possible chance at winning MLB bets.
That’s not all, whether you are a subscriber or just an observer and consumer of our free content. By the way, it is only $19 to give life as a VSiN Plus All-Access subscriber a try through May 1 HERE.
Subscribers get full access to everything we have, including:
- The MLB Betting Guide with 30 team breakdowns HERE.
- Daily best bets and market report from Adam Burke HERE.
- Weekly articles from Jason Weingarten, Steve Makinen and all other MLB content behind the paywall
- Access to our proprietary MLB Power Ratings HERE.
- Our starting pitcher stats database HERE.
- A primer from Adam on Statcast and how to use it to help your handicapping HERE.
Check out our subscription options.
MLB: What Can I Get for Free?
- Daily MLB betting splits data courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook. HERE
- MLB Matchups Page with updated odds, estimated scores and team records HERE.
- View our MLB Odds Screen HERE and also our MLB Odds by State HERE.
- View our MLB Injury Report HERE.
- Greg Peterson’s daily MLB lines. GO HERE
- Peterson’s daily MLB podcast. LISTEN HERE
- Frequent MLB Sharp Money Reports from Josh Appelbaum, such as today’s HERE.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh takes a look at the betting markets for sharp action and the line moves for Sunday’s NBA Playoff games. READ MORE
Catch the latest edition of the Market Insights podcast (posted around Noon ET). LISTEN HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook.
Special Offers from Winners & Whiners
BEN’S NBA PLAYOFF DOMINATOR
Ben Hayes DOMINATED the NBA in his career and he hit over 63% of them this year. That is a MODEL OF CONSISTENCY and he will keep it rolling today. Ben The Pen has won his last two NBA plays and he has ANOTHER EASY WINNER on tap for today. GET BEN’S HUGE NBA PLAY – $9.98
SCOTT’S PULSE OF THE NBA BLOCKBUSTER
Scott Steehn has the PULSE OF THE NBA right now as he has won his last four plays on the hardwood in a row. The Steehnroller has been gearing up for a MAJOR RUN in the playoffs and you will all be the beneficiaries of his HARD WORK. Scott has found an NBA play for today that he feels will be one of the BIGGEST OF THE FIRST ROUND. GET SCOTT’S HUGE NBA WINNER – $9.94
DAVID’S WIPEOUT TOTAL FOR SUNDAY
David Hess CONTINUES TO DOMINATE MLB TOTALS as he has nailed his TOP MLB TOTAL in each of the last two days. He has hit four of his last five UNDER PLAYS and his last three WIPEOUT TOTALS. David has isolated another strong Under Play for today and you DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT. GET DAVID’S HUGE UNDER PLAY – $14.37
Check Out Our Experts at VSiN.com
- Andy MacNeil: Check out Andy’s NHL best bets and market report every day (posted mid-to-late morning). READ MORE
- Matt Youmans: Matt Youmans has released his NFL Mock Draft and talked with bettors and bookmakers about some of the first-round props. KEEP READING
- Dave Tuley: A recap of what’s happening in the sports betting world and best bets in the "Tuley’s Takes" column. KEEP READING
- Michael Lombardi: Our NFL insider describes why it’s so hard to find a franchise QB in the first round of the NFL Draft. CONTINUE READING
Betting Splits Now Posted for MLB
Get valuable betting information courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook on our Betting Splits page. See where the money is coming in (and where it isn’t) with the updated bet counts and percentages. Use these to help identify sharp action, reverse line moves and the most popular sides and totals of the day.
These are updated multiple times throughout the day, so bookmark this page and check back often. GO HERE
New from 1/ST BET: 7 days of picks
1/ST will provide VSiN with picks every day: Plays generated from 1/ST BET’s exclusive Artificial Intelligence program on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays; Jeremy Plonk on Thursdays and Sundays, and Jeff Siegel on Fridays and Saturdays.
You will find them posted at VSiN.com/horses along with a special offer from 1/ST BET. Sign up using the code VEGAS1000 for an instant $10 free plus up to a $1,000 Bonus.
VSiN betting resources
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
A "How To Guide" for Betting on Sports
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher? Learn how to bet like the pros or pick up on some different strategies that you may not have considered in our Sports Betting 101 series. GO HERE