NBA Conference Semifinals Begin Today
After a rare off day, the NBA Playoffs are ready to begin again, this time with second round action. The Elite Eight of the NBA postseason will all be on the court over the next couple of days, as we’ll have two matinee matchups on Sunday and two night games on Monday. We do have some sizable series favorites across the board, but these were the eight best teams according the regular season standings, so we should be in for some exciting action.
We’ll be covering it all on air and at VSiN.com throughout this round and the remainder of the playoffs. Catch Jonathan Von Tobel’s Hardwood Handicappers at 6 p.m. ET tonight or check out the archived version if you can’t watch or listen live.
Lines for Game 1:
1 p.m. ET – Bucks vs. Celtics (-4.5, 217.5)
3:30 p.m. ET – Warriors (-2, 220.5) vs. Grizzlies
7:30 p.m. ET – 76ers vs. Heat (-8, 208.5)
10 p.m. ET – Mavericks vs. Suns (-6, 214)
Second Round Series Prices at DraftKings Sportsbook
Celtics (-210) vs. Bucks (+175)
Warriors (-265) vs. Grizzlies (+215)
Heat (-380) vs. 76ers (+310)
Suns (-300) vs. Mavericks (+245)
Jonathan Von Tobel: Every day throughout the playoffs, you can find JVT’s daily best bets and market report HERE.
Dave Tuley: Be sure to check out "Tuley’s Takes" every day throughout the NBA Playoffs as well with a recap of the night before and best bets for that day. KEEP READING
NHL Playoffs Begin on Monday
After a long regular season that was extended a couple of weeks due to COVID cancelations and the built-in downtime for the Olympic Break that was never needed, 16 teams enter the playoffs in the quest to lift Lord Stanley’s Cup. We’ve known about the Eastern Conference teams for a while, as eight teams had at least 100 points and the final seeds in each division clinched a playoff spot by 32 points and 16 points.
The Western Conference playoff picture took longer to materialize, but we’ve got some excellent series coming up. Nothing beats the excitement and intensity of the NHL Playoffs and we’ll have plenty of experts on our airwaves to share their insights, but our top expert, Andy MacNeil, will be sharing his all postseason long at VSiN.com with his daily article and with today’s NHL Playoff Preview HERE.
NHL Playoff Series Odds from DraftKings Sportsbook
Hurricanes (-115) vs. Bruins (-105)
Maple Leafs (-120) vs. Lightning (+100)
Wild (-150) vs. Blues (+130) (Read Andy’s preview HERE)
Oilers (-250) vs. Kings (+200)
Penguins (-110) vs. Rangers (-110)
Panthers (-320) vs. Capitals (+250)
Avalanche (-600) vs. Predators (+450)
Flames (-280) vs. Stars (+220)
Those Atlantic Division series look incredible with the Hurricanes a short favorite over the Bruins and the Maple Leafs over the Lightning, as Toronto looks to end a miserable playoff drought without a series win since 2004 that includes five straight first-round exits.
Futures Odds for the 16 Playoff Teams (DraftKings)
Maple Leafs +900
VSiN Programming: NFL Draft Recap, Live MLB Updates
WATCH HERE (subscribers only)
Sunday’s VSiN schedule is HERE. Today’s highlights:
- Point Spread Sunday (8 a.m. ET) starts our Saturday coverage with host Mark Zinno’s NBA and MLB insights and top plays
- The Lombardi Line (10 a.m. ET) features final draft thoughts after the conclusion of the festivities in Vegas, plus Thomas Gable from Borgata Sportsbook joins the program along with our own Will Hill and Josh Appelbaum
- Six hours of Betting Across America (Noon ET) starts with Femi Abebefe and James Salinas on the Draft, NBA Playoffs, MLB and more, followed by Dave Ross and Wes Reynolds from 3 p.m. until 6. Guests include Adam Burke and Derek Carty on MLB, Simon Gerszberg on NBA and Andrew McInnis on NHL
- Hardwood Handicappers (6 p.m. ET) with host Jonathan Von Tobel will include thoughts on Sunday and Monday’s games, plus series previews for the second round
- Wrap up your Sunday with lots of MLB content, first with Holden Kushner and Adam Burke on The Run Line (8 p.m. ET), and then The Lookahead (10 p.m. ET) with Greg Peterson
NASCAR & MLB on Sunday Funday
NASCAR at Dover on Sunday
VSiN NASCAR Hub: Don’t even think about betting any NASCAR race without first consulting our NASCAR Hub. The Hub features recent race results, updated odds, Steve Makinen’s simulation results and a whole lot more. GO HERE
Gone Racin’ Podcast: Jeff Motley and former NASCAR driver Brendan Gaughan put their heads together to share best bets and race analysis for the DuraMAX Drydene 400 at Dover coming up on Sunday. LISTEN HERE
Power Outage Plaguing MLB
There were 44 HR hit on Friday around Major League Baseball, as it looked like offense was going to start to finally take place around the league. That power uptick was short-lived, as 20 out of 30 teams scored three or fewer runs on Saturday and 12 teams scored one or zero runs. There were some blowouts that led to a few overs, but the ball is dead and a lot of big bats around the big leagues are MIA to this point in the season.
We’ll see if a slew of day games can increase offense a bit, as every game but one starts at 4 p.m. ET or earlier to finish out the week and start off the month of May. Sunday Night Baseball features the Phillies and Mets to round out the MLB slate, a game that Holden Kushner and Adam Burke will have live updates about on The Run Line from 8-10 p.m. ET.
Adam daily best bets and market report will be posted early afternoon (ET) HERE, but that’s not all that you get when VSiN is your home for baseball betting coverage.
Subscribers get full access to everything we have, including:
- Weekly articles from Jason Weingarten, Steve Makinen and all other MLB content behind the paywall
- Access to our proprietary MLB Power Ratings HERE.
- Our starting pitcher stats database HERE.
- Adam’s thoughts on how to handicap bullpens HERE.
Check out our subscription options.
What Can I Get for Free?
- Daily MLB betting splits data courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook. HERE
- MLB Matchups Page with updated odds, estimated scores and team records HERE.
- View our MLB Odds Screen HERE and also our MLB Odds by State HERE.
- View our MLB Injury Report HERE.
- Greg Peterson’s daily MLB lines. GO HERE
- Peterson’s daily MLB podcast. LISTEN HERE
- The Wide World of Weingarten podcast. LISTEN HERE
- Frequent MLB Sharp Money Reports from Josh Appelbaum HERE.
Special BetMGM signup promotion for NBA Playoffs
Discover BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks! Sign up today and win $200 if you place a $10 wager on any NBA playoff game and either team hits a three-pointer, regardless of your bet’s outcome! Simply use bonus code VSiN200 when you place your first bet to take advantage of this offer. Enjoy the playoffs more than ever with Bet MGM!
EXCLUSIVE OFFER AVAILABLE IN:
Visit BetMGM.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ years of age or older to wager. AZ, CO, DC, IA, IL, IN, LA, MI, MS, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV or WY only. New Customer Offer. All promotions are subject to qualification and eligibility requirements. Rewards issued as non-withdrawable free bets or site credit. Free bets expire in 7 days from issuance. Excludes Michigan Disassociated Persons. Please Gamble Responsibly. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-NEXT-STEP (AZ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO, DC, NV, WY, VA), 1-800-270-7117 for confidential help (MI), 1-800-GAMBLER (IN, NJ, PA & WV), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), Call or Text the Tennessee REDLINE: 800-889-9789 (TN), or Call 1-888-777-9696 (MS). Sports betting is void where prohibited. Promotional offers not available in Mississippi, Nevada, or New York.
$59 Summer Special: VSiN Plus All-Access Through July 31
You may think that the summer is the slow part of the sports betting calendar, but you’d be wrong. We’ll have daily MLB best bets from Adam Burke, plus NBA best bets from Jonathan Von Tobel and NHL playoffs advice from Andy MacNeil throughout the next couple months. We’ll also have plenty of preseason NFL content, not to mention our ongoing golf, UFC and NASCAR betting breakdowns and top plays. For $59, you can get it all. The content, the betting tools, the expert advice, all of it. It’s money well spent.
BUY THE SUMMER SPECIAL NOW
Check out the new and improved Betting Splits page
What’s new with the most popular page on VSiN.com?
- The percentages for handle and bets are now generated from an automated feed of data from all the action taken by DraftKings Sportsbook and updated every 10 minutes. (Before it was manually updated 3-4 times a day.)
- An arrow appears when the percentage has increased or decreased in a recent update.
- You can tab from league to league and scroll down to see all the games—not just for today’s matchups, but also for any markets that have been posted for future events.
- A hidden feature (for now) because you subscribe to this email: Click on the visiting team’s logo and get a history of the line moves.
The volume of bets and money across the states where DraftKings Sportsbook is licensed (see list) makes this the best betting splits page available to sports bettors. CHECK IT OUT.
Josh Appelbaum’s Market Insights
Josh has a sharp money report for Sunday with a look at the two Game 1s in the NBA Playoffs. READ MORE
Catch the latest edition of the Market Insights podcast (posted around Noon ET). LISTEN HERE
Go Deeper on Your Local Teams
Want more sports betting analysis on your hometown teams?
Our roster of sports betting analysts bring you updates on local news surrounding your favorite teams the new CityCast podcast network, brought to you by BetRivers, your hometown sportsbook.
Special Offers from Winners & Whiners
BEN’S SUNDAY NBA DESTROYER
Ben Hayes has been DOMINANT IN THE NBA all season long and the PLAYOFFS HAVE BEEN NO DIFFERENT. Ben hit 63% of his NBA plays during the regular season and he is 25-12 in the postseason, including 8-3 in his last 11. Ben The Pen will look to keep it rolling today with a VERY EASY NBA WINNER. GET BEN’S HUGE NBA PLAY – $9.98
SCOTT’S NBA CRUSHER FOR SATURDAY
Scott Steehn has been HOT OF LATE as he is 5-0 the last two days overall, including 3-0 in the NBA. The Steehnroller has CRUSHED THE SPORTSBOOKS in the NBA playoffs so far, hitting 17 of his last 22 plays on the hardwood. That’s 77.3% in the NBA playoffs and Scott will keep it rolling today with an NBA play that he ABSOLUTELY LOVES. GET SCOTT’S HUGE NBA PLAY – $9.94
DAVID’S WIPEOUT TOTAL FOR SUNDAY
David Hess is just TOYING WITH THE SPORTSBOOKS right now with his MLB totals plays. He has gone an INCREDIBLE 52-26-3 (66.4%) IN HIS LAST 81 MLB totals, plus he is 6-1 in his last 7 WIPEOUT TOTALS. David has studied today’s card from all angles and he has located a MONSTER MLB UNDER that will win easily. GET DAVID’S EASY MLB UNDER WINNER – $14.37
New from 1/ST BET: 7 days of picks
1/ST will provide VSiN with picks every day: Plays generated from 1/ST BET’s exclusive Artificial Intelligence program on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays; Jeremy Plonk on Thursdays and Sundays, and Jeff Siegel on Fridays and Saturdays.
You will find them all posted at VSiN.com/horses along with a special offer from 1/ST BET. If you use the Promo Code VEGAS22 and bet at least $25 on the Kentucky Derby, you’ll receive $25 in free bets to use on the Preakness and $25 for the Belmont. GO HERE FOR DETAILS.
VSiN betting resources
- VIDEO: Replays are posted HERE.
- LIVE ODDS: Comparisons from legal states HERE.
- TOOLS: Parlay calculator posted HERE.
- BETTING SHEETS: From South Point and Circa posted HERE
A "How To Guide" for Betting on Sports
New to betting on sports? Need a refresher? Learn how to bet like the pros or pick up on some different strategies that you may not have considered in our Sports Betting 101 series. GO HERE